Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bh strikes gold

PostalTwo

Out for a hunt the other day and my first ever gold this french made ring it likey very old as i found it where I found the 29 small cent the other day.

WTG. Nice find, Postal. What segiment and number ID did that ring sound off at?

Walt

believe it or not it was 10c 1c with the odd bounce to zinc thought it was a penny lol. once i found the ring my first thought was its tranished silver or silver plated copper. then when i got home and cleaned it up i found the hallmarks under the luope and started reasearchin them. apparently .800 was used in europe to signify 19k who knew. i was able to match the hallmark to " the rino" which means that it would be gold.i wanted to run it under my detector again but i left it on, i guess and the batts are dead. i will get it tested at a jewlers soon just to confirm. its not uncommon for my machine to id weird on things like coins and rings as steel core can clad comes in 10c 1c and also certain nickels do also its kind of a different machine lol but high tones for the good stuff is ok with me

Thanks for the info. I like to take notes and write things down. Does your detector also give conductivity numbers also (like the Discovery 3300 or like my Legacy 3500)? If so, what conductivity number reading did it give?

Walt

np walt. my machine gives no numbers only depth and icon. these detectors are real treasure getters arnt they. ive only had mine one season and wow im impressed. i was hunting beside and at pro this week and my bh was killing it even picking stuff behind the pro and saying no thanks to bottle caps that the pro hit with 81 and i high tone. the only thing i find is that it has trouble with steel washers it tends to id those as coins.

Postal,
I was under the impression that the Discovery 2200s' screen display was like the Discovery 3300s'. My Legacy 3500s' display is like the Discovery 3300. It gives a number reading on the target. On the Legacy 3500, a clad dime will give a 93 or 94 reading. It's a really nifty feature that helps to better identify a target.

Walt

No its just gives a depth and icon but I know this machine so well, i dont need a number. I just observe the behavior of the machine, tone icon and depth readings . Most of the time I can tell a target just buy the way the id bounces and what its bouncing to. For me the number is irrelevant because most machine I see out there the id's bounce around unless its something close to the surface. So number or icon the result is the same if u know the machine your gonna do well. I know my bh and im one with the machine, its not perfect but 9 times out of 10 I can tell a coin from anything else including our newer steel core canadian clad.the other thing I do is as I cross the target to pinpoint solid items will show me quickly exactly where they are and crap stuff like tinfoil or rusty iron will be tuff to pinpoint. The machine tends to beep on the inner ring of the coil so as I pass from left to right the beep happens on the left of the inner coil conversely right to left sweep it happens on he right. So its quite easy to pinpoint with even without a proper pinpoint button. Good stuff allways shows me exactly where it is, if im fightin for it ,its crap everytime. Cheers Trevor.

Tyvm txpirate. Bh505man I got some batts for my machine and now its reading 5cpt and iron for u likely foil cheers guys

Those readings sound right, beause my 22k gold band rings as iron/foil. Thanks.

Walt