Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BHID 300/Excallibur II/"hot rocks

tommass

Using the BHID 300 in all-metal, will the LED light red for a "hot rock"?
How does the Excal respond to "hot rocks"
Right now all I have is the DFX and with so many "hot rocks" I'm unable to run it in Mixed Mode to try to get more depth than in Disc.
I plan on getting a water machine soon. It must be able to either ignore them or indicate with a colored red light that it is iron
Thanks

There is NO other machine that dislikes iron more than an Xcal. As far as the DFX.... you should be able to disc out that hightest number..... 95 i think and pretty well cut out the hot rocks cause from wrap around or back off the sensitivity a bit. If you are looking for gold..... its not likely its in the hot rock range just ignore them. The Xcals do pretty well on shallow bottle caps to...... them and iron are about the only targets i dont check. There arent as many targets in the water as compared to dry sand...... some noises you deal with and ignore on any machine based on what you are looking for. Some people even cherry pick ignoring coins and high tones. Depth isnt how deep you dig but proper ID on a target. I have a blue Xcal i hunt in PP with it goes really deep. When i flip to disc over some really deep targets..... mostly iron the threshold wont even change. So like most machines at great depths if it doesnt know what the target is ...... it filters it out, ignores it, or IDs it as iron. Honestly, you are going to find more gold coving more beach digging targets that are easily IDed at say 8" than using all your time in one spot trying to get targets at 2 ft.

Dew

I have the 300, and it dose very well on id on iron. If the red light hits it is iron, if it hits red and yellow it is iron with something next to it. When i beach hunt i dig everything,but now i can just walk away from red hits. I loaned it to a friend and he said the same thing. I didn,t tell him anything about it, he said after a little while he could not even think about the red light. If it hit green it is a coin and it will go deep. Read up on the 300, some say the coil floats, it dose a little but a small cloth bag of sand tied on top of the coil stops that. On dry sand just take it off. The Excallibur, is a very good detector also, but see if you can find someone to show you what the 300 can do.This is just me, i like my 300, and will keep it. You can dry land hunt wit it also, but i have other detector for that. Good Luck flintstone

I dont think ive ever found ANY hot rocks with my old excal 1.... excal does a very good job ignoring hot rocks...the excal also does a pretty good job ignoring small gold chains....ive never used the beach id 300 but most of the hotrocks ive dug with my old whites 5900 show up in the nickle range give or take a little...

This past year i found a Plat. chain at about 3" with my Beach Hunter 300. It didn,t have a clasp or anything. Not broken, just all round about 20" I still wear it to day.Got a good hit yellow and green light flashing. I though it was a coin and pull tab in the same hole.