Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BHID tones question

bik-il

I understand the indicator VID lights work in both disc and all metal modes. I'm considering buying one of these machines and am wondering if the 3 tones work in both modes also. Or do you have to turn the disc all the way down in disc mode if you want to run the equivalent of AM with tones?
Thanks much!

Tones only work in discriminate mode. The BHID has a toggle to change modes. It doesn't have a discriminate control knob so you can't change level of discrimination. It is factory set. I hunt AM and use the discriminate lights. Much deeper in AM. I compared mine to an Excalibur side by side and in AM both hit my wedding band at 12 inches in wet sand. The Excalibur's iron mask is great for areas with lots of iron, but the BHID is better on smaller targets. Pick your poison, small target sensitive but investigate a lot more small junk looking for small gold or better in iron and loose some sensitivity to small gold.

Thanks Lee!

After reading the online manual it is starting to sink in.
it almost seems that the modes are the same but for their names and that DISC has 3 tones AND lights VID, whereas AM just has lights VID and a single tone for every target.
Any idea where the factory set Disc level is? Are there things the Disc mode wont detect that will sound off in AM?
Thanks again!

It hits iron in the discriminate mode so I think the disc. On the BHID is just to allow for tones. I'm no electronics expert so maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Thanks again Lee.
I was thinking the same, but curiously the manual states that AM may be deeper.

So it seems there is a diiference, but I'm not certain exactly what it is. It stands to reason that if the only difference between modes was the tone ID then the machine would be labelled as such. For instance, AM, and AM with tones mode.
We shall see. Thanks much for your interest.

Well I did more research that led me to talking directly with Whites today.
I stand corrected.
From what I am told the discrimination in disc mode is simply the fact that the tones 'discriminate' by telling you what the target likely is. Aside from that there really is no distinction between the two modes.
Thanks again