Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bible Trivia Question

#1Leatherneck

Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Hint" both naked, . . . and were not ashamed.

The question is they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.!
What does it mean they were naked? And, they were not ashamed?
Always follow the timeline!
Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
As you can see the Woman was not 'yet' named! Adam called her 'Woman' She was not named yet! I have shown some Preachers this, and the ones I showed what the scripture stated, they had a surprised expression come over their face, and they admitted I was right!
Gen 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
God called them 'both Adam'!
This is two-fold! First Adam was made from red dirt: Clay The Woman was 'cloned' from Adam: The Man The Woman was exactly the same as the Man; although, she was Woman! Second A Man and his wife when they are married they become one! Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Therefore, God, the father 'called their name Adam!
Now, on to the study!
They were 'both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed!
One thing a person can learn from this so far, God, the father pre-determined that the Woman is equal to the Man! God took the rib from the Mans' side! Therefore, it shows clearly that the Woman is equal, and belongs by the Mans' side, not behind him, or in front of him! Right by his side!
Now, on to the study! Why does the word say, 'they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed?

That's very good! Now, if they knew they were naked, what is the importance of knowing that they are naked? This is very deep! They know they are naked! Why is it so important that they know they are naked? They have sinned! And, now they know they are naked?

They could no longer look at each other in a pure way, but apparently now harbored passionate thoughts that were improper. The quality of conscience, which distinguishes man from lower creatures, began to condemn them and made them feel guilty and ashamed. So they sought to conceal these body parts that roused the passionate thoughts that gave them guilty consciences. It would not be wrong for them to look at each other’s nakedness or even consider the natural and proper execution of the sex act, for this would be in accord with Jehovah’s purpose in creating them to multiply and fill the earth. But after their sin they apparently could not view this in the same innocent and pure way, but their contemplations were soiled by base passion and impure sensuality. So their consciences hurt them and a sense of modesty caused them to hide these body parts, and their guilty feelings made them hide from Jehovah because of fear. Love throws out fear, but they showed they lacked love for God by disobeying him, so fear came upon them and caused a restraint and made them cover their bodies and hide from Jehovah. Thus they tried to escape from the condemnation of their consciences and from the pronouncement of the penalty for disobeying Jehovah.

That's very good! Now, if they knew they were naked, what is the importance of knowing that they are naked? This is very deep! They know they are naked! Why is it so important that they know they are naked? They have sinned! And, now they know they are naked?
At that Point in Time,Clothing didn't even EXIST!

They could no longer look at each other in a pure way, but apparently now harbored passionate thoughts that were improper. The quality of conscience, which distinguishes man from lower creatures, began to condemn them and made them feel guilty and ashamed. So they sought to conceal these body parts that roused the passionate thoughts that gave them guilty consciences. It would not be wrong for them to look at each other’s nakedness or even consider the natural and proper execution of the sex act, for this would be in accord with Jehovah’s purpose in creating them to multiply and fill the earth. But after their sin they apparently could not view this in the same innocent and pure way, but their contemplations were soiled by base passion and impure sensuality. So their consciences hurt them and a sense of modesty caused them to hide these body parts, and their guilty feelings made them hide from Jehovah because of fear. Love throws out fear, but they showed they lacked love for God by disobeying him, so fear came upon them and caused a restraint and made them cover their bodies and hide from Jehovah. Thus they tried to escape from the condemnation of their consciences and from the pronouncement of the penalty for disobeying Jehovah.
[/QUOT "They could no longer look at each other in a pure way".. How would they even KNOW what Pure was.?...

Hint" both naked, . . . and were not ashamed.
Here's another Question for you....What was God doing before he created the Universe.???

7centsworth You have come very close! They had not sinned yet! Adam, the Man, and Adam the Woman. The Woman did not have a name yet! Always maintain the timeline!
Gen 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. It is very important to get this conception before we move on! I will wait to see if anybody knows what the answer is!

After the sin in the garden they, The Man Adam, and the Woman, 'knew they were naked'! Simply meaning, they were without any 'white linen' they had no way to obtain salvation! None, zero! Now, watch what happens next! Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Notice how "[t]he LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

God 'could not' 'see him'! They were not playing peek a boo, or, hide and seek! This is the first in the Bible that shows sin separates one from God! Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me."
(Psalm 66:1:geek: Recollect 'they were naked' and not ashamed! They are naked, Gen. 3:8 "[a]nd Adam and his wife hid themselves" God could not see them! Notice no one has called the Woman Eve, the Woman was the one who committed the sin, not Eve! At this time there was 'no Eve'! This is very important that one understands what Gods' Word says! Everybody has an opinion! To study Gods' Word one must agree to study and allow the Bible to be the leading authority! If one disagrees, and begins to state what their opinion is: End of Bible Study! Close the Bible End of Bible Study!
This study gets much deeper!

Acts 1:7, is not saying not our business! Acts 1:7 is Jesus speaking to the Apostles. Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. Mat_13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
There would be no way to harmonize the following scriptures.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

As far as the first comment, God made clothes out of animal skins and clothed them far better than they had done.
If God wanted us to know what He was doing prior to creating the heavens and earth He would have told us. It’s not a need to know, so basically it’s none of our concern. We have enough to contend with concerning our own imperfections. If in the course of time He decides to divulge that information he will

They were naked! This has 'absolutely' 'nothing' to do with whether they had clothes on, or not!
Simply, they had 'no righteousness! They were righteous! No sin!
And, they were not ashamed!
This is really difficult!
Totally amazing, how so many can not grasp this!
They were naked! Simply, because they did not 'need any white linen, to cover any sin'!
If no one can understand this, they will never understand any of the Bible!
Before, Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Before that, God prophesied what they had to do to receive 'cover' for salvation!
All the answers are in the Bible!
To not study the Bible, one will go thru life believing God imposed sentence on everybody in the whole wide world because the 'Woman' was so stupid she could not elect to put the right type of fruit in her mouth! Isn't that pitiful? Nowhere in the Bible does it say the Woman ate an apple!
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
There is always a message in scripture!

What a petty God!
When one studies the Bible, ask yourself, What is the message?
I know exactly what happened in these verses!

Last edited:
The woman was not stupid. She was created perfect. It is evident she knew the one command that she was to abide by when she answered the serpent. There is another scripture that states she was deceived (1st Tim 2:14). Adam chose to deliberately sin. Since they had no children at that point they in effect murdered their children. Modern day example, a woman who is with child that chooses to partake of drugs and alcohol and bad diet. So they murdered all their offspring. Without God stepping in to provide his Son Jesus as a ransom sacrifice, their would be no hope for humans. That is a basic truth in the Bible regardless of what denomination you profess.
You are correct in saying nowhere does it say the woman ate an apple. The Bible does not say what kind of fruit it was. Many people including those that profess to be Christians have the view that it was an apple.