Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Bertha is now naked

pulltabMiner

My V3i began to chatter in the last 4 or 5 hunts until it become impossible to hunt with it. I had read that putting a coil cover without sealing the cover somehow could lead to stuff getting between the cover and coil. I hadn't had a problem with this but I began to suspect that was the problem.

I finally took the cover off tonight. I had to destroy the cover to remove it. There was a layer of mud and sand and grass and all kinds of dirt inside the coil cover.

In the process of doing this, I removed the coil from Big Bertha and I discovered that the connection to the control box was lose! Sigh! I had not given Big Bertha the proper check up after every hunt.

So she is all clean and ready and the new battery is charging as we speak. Oh the things her and I will discover!

Covers have their place but I quit using them. Two plastic guitar picks work to get the covers off. Cleaning is important jf you use them.

After I removed the cover and inspected the coil, I noticed that the coil seems to have a cover already. Am I wrong about this? Does White's put a cover on the coils before sealing them?

No they don't put a cover on them before sealing. One cover won't fit over another cover believe me, the room isn't there. You are seeing the top and bottom halves.