Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BIG BOY silver ring...

REVIER

Hunting the same area where some older coins, a silver and also a gold ring were found recently.
Still using the F70 and sniper coil... going really slow and trying to find and figure out all the good signals in the trash around a tiny lake in a big park.
I came across a nice sounding signal that came in at an 81.
81?
Too high for a dime, too low for a quarter.
Maybe a silver dime, or a silver dime and another high tone coin together?
Didn't even think jewelry, the goal is still silver coins or gold.
Depth reading says 6", I open a hole and pretty much at that exact depth I pull out this thing.
Knew it was silver the second I saw it, the size was a surprise, I rarely find any rings this big.
11.5...like I said, a big boy ring.
Alrighty then...this was at the beginning of the hunt so I just relaxed and considered it a great day no matter what else I did or didn't find today.

Bonus...
I showed my mom in law this ring and she put it on her index finger and it kinda fit and she liked it so she asked if she could trade me it for a small gold ring I dug up a few weeks ago and just gave to her last week that doesn't fit so good.

I said sure...then weighed them and did the math.

5.5 grams of silver worth about $3 in trade for 3.2 grams of 10k worth $55 at melt....ka ching!
How often do you get a chance to screw-over your mother in law in one lifetime?

Aww, I am sure I will cash this in and just spend the money on her and her daughter one day anyway, but another gold ring for the melt pile so at least I felt like I really accomplished something today.