Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Bud Pro Select 220 D

umax

This detector works in all functions perfect. With any type of coin on the ground it gets excellent depth. What I have noticed is, let's say it will detect a coin at 8 inches with the discrimination set to except Nickles and all other coins and the notch features off, after 8 inches or so, the detector will reject the coins and lower the coil and the detector will accept the coins. Any input on what causes this.

I'm having a hard time understanding your question. But it sounds like you're saying that ....... beyond 8", you start to loose the signal. Right ? And by "loose the signal", I'm guessing that's why you mean by "rejects" ? If so, then this is merely because at 8", you've gotten to the max depth you could hope to get (for that size object and the control settings you've chosen). Hence anything deeper than that is un-classified. The machine can't TID might still be getting it, but not enough signal strength to classify it as iron, or low or mid or high conductor. Thus you might get a flicker of the needle (or a reject sound or whatever) when you've gone over 8", because you are beyond the machine's ability to put into proper ID.

Am I understanding your question correctly ?

Around 7 to 8 inches a strong signal and after this height the siginal is still strong but the detector is discriminating the coins out. I lower the coil and around the 8 inch mark the detector accepts the coins as good, go higher and the detector rejects, be it by sound or meter with notch turned off.

I'm still having a bit of a problem understanding your question. But perhaps that machine has what's called a signal boost (or various terminology to that effect). What that means, is that some machines amplify ALL signals to equal loudness. As opposed to shallow ones sounding "louder" and deeper ones being "whispers". The manufacturers who implemented this on some machines over the years did so with the notion that this would help persons to "hear the whispers". So there's no more graduating loud vs whisper distinctions. All signals sound the same. So in order to know depth, all you can do is look at the depth meter, or cross-check in all-metal pinpoint mode. Or raise the coil to see when the signal stops, etc...

Most md'rs found this very annoying. Because you would loose all sense of deep vs shallow. Everything start to sound the same.

I am thinking this is what you're referring to, since you allude to how the signal is "still strong" even to the 7 or 8" level. But then ... presto, it just rejects or disappears the moment you reach a certain depth. Right ? So that just means you have a given magical point at which it's "loud" versus when it "disappears" . There's no middle ground. I find that VERY ANNOYING.

If so, then see if there's a way to turn off your signal boost (or whatever the B.B. pro might call it). So that you will have a graduating weaker and weaker signal, as you go from 1" to 3", to 5", to 7", and so forth. You will still loose the target at a certain depth ("rejects" or "disappears" or whatever you want to call it).

have I understood you correctly ?