Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

big coil for gpx 4500 and battery

ikaruz

Hi, i bought a minelab gpx 4500, it will come with 11" coil. i will use the detector at places heavly searched with for example xp deus 2, ctx3030, and other detectors. the sites are medieval, roman, bronze age, etc.

so... i need a deep coil to go deeper than the others detectors.
question 1-wich coils do you recomend?
question 2- i read that the mono coil are the deepest, but in places with a lot of iron, it would be a pain... i was looking at the detech website, they have mono coils, dd coils, and concentric coils, this concentric coils will go deeper than the dd coils? wich type of coil will be better for this type of conditions?
question 3-detech coils vs commander coils, with the same size, they will work almost the same?
question 4-i will receive the detector without battery, so i need to buy a new battery. i saw a guy selling a homemade battery, are this type of batterys something i can trust? they will work like a original, and the detector will get the same deep? or its better for me to buy a original battery?

thanks

Hi, i bought a minelab gpx 4500, it will come with 11" coil. i will use the detector at places heavly searched with for example xp deus 2, ctx3030, and other detectors. the sites are medieval, roman, bronze age, etc.

so... i need a deep coil to go deeper than the others detectors.
question 1-wich coils do you recomend?
question 2- i read that the mono coil are the deepest, but in places with a lot of iron, it would be a pain... i was looking at the detech website, they have mono coils, dd coils, and concentric coils, this concentric coils will go deeper than the dd coils? wich type of coil will be better for this type of conditions?
question 3-detech coils vs commander coils, with the same size, they will work almost the same?
question 4-i will receive the detector without battery, so i need to buy a new battery. i saw a guy selling a homemade battery, are this type of batterys something i can trust? they will work like a original, and the detector will get the same deep? or its better for me to buy a original battery?

thanks
My first hunt was with the person who I got my GPX 4500 from and he was using a ctx 3030. He didn't find a civil war bullet. I found over 20 that day. My first hunt with the GPX. We put him over good targets and he could'nt hear them. Ive never used my mono coil yet so I cant comment on them. I have a 15" detech ultimate coil though. It's really heavy but very deep detecting. If you're in a low EMI area This coil will amaze you at the depth it gets. I've never used anything but the factory batteries. I have a small half bayttery and a full one. The small half battery is light but only lasts about 2.5 hrs. I've never ran the full battery dead aven after using it all day long. Make sure you get a setup thats amplified or youll have trouble hearing soft signals. In highly mineralized soil this detector will blow away all vlfs made. Make them look like toys. I usually use a 12.5"
Detch DD coil. It weighs just a little bit more than the stock 11" coil but goes deeper and has more coverage. Good luck with your new machine.

My first hunt was with the person who I got my GPX 4500 from and he was using a ctx 3030. He didn't find a civil war bullet. I found over 20 that day. My first hunt with the GPX. We put him over good targets and he could'nt hear them. Ive never used my mono coil yet so I cant comment on them. I have a 15" detech ultimate coil though. It's really heavy but very deep detecting. If you're in a low EMI area This coil will amaze you at the depth it gets. I've never used anything but the factory batteries. I have a small half bayttery and a full one. The small half battery is light but only lasts about 2.5 hrs. I've never ran the full battery dead aven after using it all day long. Make sure you get a setup thats amplified or youll have trouble hearing soft signals. In highly mineralized soil this detector will blow away all vlfs made. Make them look like toys. I usually use a 12.5"
Detch DD coil. It weighs just a little bit more than the stock 11" coil but goes deeper and has more coverage. Good luck with your new machine.

that's crazy... the ctx is a great machine, and you find 20, and he find 0, its amazing. wich setup that ampified do you recomend?

and between the 15" detech ultimate, and the 12.5" detech dd, wich goes deeper? and wich do you think is better?

thanks

that's crazy... the ctx is a great machine, and you find 20, and he find 0, its amazing. wich setup that ampified do you recomend?

and between the 15" detech ultimate, and the 12.5" detech dd, wich goes deeper? and wich do you think is better?

thanks
I use the factory batterys. Full & half. The 15" is deeper but really heavy & EMI susceptible. The 12.5" it light & deep. It handles EMI better. I have dug minie balls at 16" with the 15" coil. The 12.5 " coil isn't as deep. The deepest I get with it is 12"-13" in the ground which isn't bad. Figure a VLF has trouble with any mineralized ground. The pulse machine doesn't. A PI machine won't ground false like a VLF. No phantom holes. If it signals there's something there. Be it iron or not.

Could one of you guys tell me.
Is the 6000 worth the money.
Or would I be just as happy with the 5000 ?
I've never used a PI before.
I'm planning a summer with my little brother in Alaska. And would like the best I can afford.

Could one of you guys tell me.
Is the 6000 worth the money.
Or would I be just as happy with the 5000 ?
I've never used a PI before.
I'm planning a summer with my little brother in Alaska. And would like the best I can afford.
Thats a lot of scratch for a detector buddy. Id get a used 4500 or 5000 to see if you like it. But the new 6000 weighs less. I've been kincking it around about buying one. $6000.00 = a lot of civil war bullets.

Thats a lot of scratch for a detector buddy. Id get a used 4500 or 5000 to see if you like it. But the new 6000 weighs less. I've been kincking it around about buying one. $6000.00 = a lot of civil war bullets.
The Axiom maybe a better choice ?

15'" DD is the way to go for your type of relics, whether you choose Minelab's Commander (my preference), or Detech' coils, both perform very well on all target sizes ;)