Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big copper, Valuable key date indian head and GOLD

Evolution

Got out for my first hunt of the year yesterday. Hit a foundation site in the woods without much success and ended up in a farm field adjacent to a foundation from the mid to late 1800s. Hit a sweet key date 1872 indian head here that is in pretty good condition. According to the red book this coin would seem to fall into the $300-$400 dollar range.

Next find was a little unusual and due to the date I'm thinking it was a random hunter or farmer drop. It was a nice gold class ring from 1957. Never expected anything like that to turn up at a site like this.

Found a lot of the usual suspects that turn up at sites of this age....buckles, suspender clips, a musketball, a toe tap. Then a nice big copper coin came up. Turned out to be an 1837 hard times token (Millions for defence, Not one cent for tribute).

More pics to follow.

More pics of the hard times token..... and a compilation pic of the total finds for the day.

Also a pic of the date on the class ring. Turned out to be from 1957.

Excellent finds! Congratulations! :clapping:

burlbark said:
Nice hunting...looks like you've got some great sites. What detector are you swinging?
Thanks for the reply. I'm currently using two different White's machines. The VX3 and The DFX. I used both machines a little during this hunt. I found the coins with the VX3 but the gold ring was recovered with the DFX.

You sur had a good hunt. I think I would hunt that spot a little more. Try to do some research on that ring. I like your pictures... KEN,,IND

:drool: fantastic finds! :drool:

You got off to a good start,

407floyd said:
Good stuff. Great job on the IH. Any research done on the class ring yet?
Started working on that today. I narrowed it down a little bit. Going to make a few phone calls tomorrow or Friday when I have some time. Finding the owner would be great since its a relatively old class ring.

ken ward said:
You sur had a good hunt. I think I would hunt that spot a little more. Try to do some research on that ring. I like your pictures... KEN,,IND
Thanks for the reply Ken. I try to take pictures of finds as the hunt unfolds. I think it adds to the excitement of the finds and helps people kind of feel like they were there as the objects were recovered. It also reminds me of the hunt when I look back at them.

Gotta love that gold looking back at you from the muddy hole! That is still on my bucket list and I love to see them pop up. Way to go!