Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BIG & OLD Seated Silver

bigfootokie

Saddled up really early Saturday morning with three other members of the Wild Bunch, Dave, Brad, & Steve, to make the 3+ hour drive to our CW Era honey hole. Apparently, something was right with the conditions because buttons and old silver coins were hot today. My Deus performed very well in the extremely trashy areas with zero disc. It was a challenge for me to pick through the constant barrage of tones, but I was able to recover a few Eagle buttons, one Kepi Hat button, a partial hat pin, and a few other things which had all been missed previously. Several times there were as many as 5 square nails in my plug that I found a button in.

I found this 1854-O Seated Liberty Half Dollar (my first), part of another Jeff Davis Eagle Pin, plus numerous other CW Era Relics. I believe this is my oldest American coin find so far.

Had a Super day with my friends, and they did quite well also. :D

Now that's a fantastic Seated Half! SOOOO much detail on that coin - that would be the find of a lifetime for me! Great job!

Wow!
What a beauty! Nice job.
Something for me to shoot for when the snow retreats.
Thanks for sharing.

That's a beautiful seated coin
Congrats!

Very sweet half dollar! That something I haven't found yet.