Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Shiny Bucketlister.

markinswpa

Still pretty new to the Legend. Only had it out one a dozen or so hunts. I recently received my first yard permission of the year. First trip gave up five wheats and a buck seventy three in clad. And, a lead token of some sort. A follow up hunt started pretty much the same, clad and wheats were on the menu till I got a 52-54-56, that got my attention. I had a 6 inch plug dug when I noticed something shiny protruding from the wall of the hole about 5 inches down. It was lying almost perfectly flat. At first I thought it was too big and shiny to be a coin. As I slipped it out I saw Big Ben and realized I had my first. I have dug several Walkers but no Franklins,till now or Barber halfs. Hopefully I'll dig my first Barber this year as well. Heading back there this week and hope to find some more goodies.

Attachments

• 20240303_164701.jpg
    20240303_164701.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240303_164713.jpg
    20240303_164713.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240302_201807 (2).jpg
    20240302_201807 (2).jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240302_201606.jpg
    20240302_201606.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
You Done Good! Congrat's to you on the shiny Ben Franklin. A real beauty. Conrat's on the other coins as well. It looks like you are onto a good site. Continued Success to you.
Thank you sir, its actually my first yard permission of the year. Good luck to you.
As a Legend user, I say bravo . . . and when am I going to get mine.
Thanks casull454, it could be your next signal. Ya just never know. Good luck. Mark

Nice haul!
Some really nice finds. Love the shinny.
Congratulations
Thank you gentlemen. This past week I returned for the third time. Managed a 64 Rosie, it was shallow in a pile of woodchips. I'm thinking it went through the chipper. It was the first coin on the day. Another 183 in clad, 3 more wheats and some other cool stuff. Clad total now is over 5 bucks, 2 silver, and 19 wheats for this place. Near the end of the hunt I got a nice 47-48, depth meter just about pegged. I was hoping for another silver dime but at just about 8 in. down was the cursed 65 Rosie. Non the less the LG24 continues to impress me.

Attachments

• 20240309_100724.jpg
    20240309_100724.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240309_100735.jpg
    20240309_100735.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 25
Awesome hunt 😎 It is very hard to find Franklin Halves.

Back in the day of analog detectors, and early digital detectors, silver was still around especially in areas where people congregated in larger numbers in the earlier years….There was also a considerable amount of trash…..When you hit silver, the tone was higher than normal, and had an almost “flute like” tone to it, and it would slam your headphones !..It was a tone that you didn’t hear often, but one you would never forget….Barbers, Merc’s, Buffalo’s,Indians, etc….I miss those days !

Those new permissions are always fun, I bet there's still some more silver in that place, either masked or on edge.
Different angles could find some missed targets.
Start with going in small circles and unravel out into big circles.

Those new permissions are always fun, I bet there's still some more silver in that place, either masked or on edge.
Different angles could find some missed targets.
Start with going in small circles and unravel out into big circles.
This method ( small to large circles) has worked really well for me. Thanks SL52!

Its worth mentioning Ben’s are somewhat hard to come by too. Not everyday we see someone post one!!!! I remember my first and only one, in a Grange Hall yard that started in 1951 and my coin was a 1952!!!!
Nice coin!!!