Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver & Black Hills Gold Rings

Hey Ronstar,
Certain states are more laid back then others and certain types of sites such as a super old city park square in the middle of town can be more likely for someone to call the cops on you.
Every once in a long while someone will call the cops on me since we live in the cell phone age. Maybe couple times a year or so.
Law Enforcement has always been pretty friendly. I mention that they are not going to see where I have been and no worries because I have many other places I can hit.
I often show them how I dig a hinged plug and leave part of it connected. I also carry cards I made and give them out in case they need something found.

One of the stranger calls happened years ago when I went on a long road trip to visit my sister in Colorado.
I stopped at a Wyoming City park. Just popped a merc out by a big tree and I look over and see a laughing cop who looked like Jim Belushi.
He said to me "I had to check it out but an older lady across the street called me and said some guy is in the park and cutting the big tree down"
I showed him what I found and he chuckled some more and told me about an old park in a neigboring town in which I stopped at and pulled 3 more silver dimes.
Dave

Geez I find one good silver dime and a couple IH pennies and I go home, kick back and have another cup of coffee and feel all accomplished. Then I see this and deflate like a worn old tire…… lol

Just curious on your “public sites”, have you run into jurisdictional authorities who have denied you “digging” access or are you simply accessing and hoping for the best? Or do most allow but restrict plug depth etc etc. I’ve encountered both out my way so again just curious.

Every once in a long while someone will call the cops on me since we live in the cell phone age.
I don't think there are a lot of people anymore that see us and don't know what we are doing. I frequently take an extra day going and coming back home to hit a small town here and there in Iowa, and Mn, on my fishing trips up north and while some people are more curious then others, most seem to know I am looking for "treasure." I can't remember the last time anywhere that I've had an encounter with anyone for anything. My biggest fear anymore are the gangbangers. HH jim tn

F.P.D., You are mopping up with some great saves of the rings and the silver, Congrat's to you on some nice hunts. This is further proof that the Etrack is still a formidable detector and can hold its own. I use the Safari, the lil' brother of the Etrac, and really like it. Continued Success to you.

I don't think there are a lot of people anymore that see us and don't know what we are doing. I frequently take an extra day going and coming back home to hit a small town here and there in Iowa, and Mn, on my fishing trips up north and while some people are more curious then others, most seem to know I am looking for "treasure." I can't remember the last time anywhere that I've had an encounter with anyone for anything. My biggest fear anymore are the gangbangers. HH jim tn
Stay Safe out there.

That is awesome finds , definitely something to be proud of , lot of hard work right there, congrats, HHHank

Yes, like I mentioned, A vast majority of the time people are very friendly and there are no issues. I always use a landowner app on my phone so I know what is public and what is private. In alot of the real small towns, a former public school can become private when people later buy them to live in or have a business in.

Thanks, Yep, its is all what you are used to and what works for you. That is the right choice..
F.P.D., You are mopping up with some great saves of the rings and the silver, Congrat's to you on some nice hunts. This is further proof that the Etrack is still a formidable detector and can hold its own. I use the Safari, the lil' brother of the Etrac, and really like it. Continued Success to you.

I am ashamed to even show my finds 😂😂😂. Stunning finds Dave!! I need to see a physician as I can’t stop drooling 🤤 🤣🤣

Thanks Jimmy. I put alot of effort into research and more time detecting and travel on weekends so certainly do not be ashamed of your finds. I appreciate the compliment though.
Dave
I am ashamed to even show my finds 😂😂😂. Stunning finds Dave!! I need to see a physician as I can’t stop drooling 🤤 🤣🤣