Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Silver Weekend! / 1941 Chauffeur License Badge / 1897 Brunswick Token / Wiped Shield Nickel

thanks. you got that right about never knowing what you are gonna get
A small bottle of Nic-A-Date restorer can be found online for about $10.
The stamped date area of the nickels is more dense so when the restorer gets applied, the date area erodes less and is revealed.
Some people use Muriatic acid also. Of course only do this for rough/worn nickels that you don't care about degrading the value.

Wonderful.. Glad you posted pic's. Tell me about the nickel date restore , I'm interested in getting some, or is it a homemade concoction ? Very nice badge, never found one . I told my wife detecting is like a "Box of chocolates" you never know what your gonna get. Quoted in part from the "Forest Gump movie".

nice find! A guy I detect with told me one time a years ago he and someone just learning a detector went to his town's local school yard. The newbie's first signal ever turned out to be a Morgan Silver Dollar.
Talk about nowhere to go but down after that!
A good friend of mine bought a childs detector for her little girl. She went out back of her house and pulled this out from under the swing set. I go over and only get clad, so gave it to her to start a college fund. Lol