Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big T2 question.

Dick from NC

When we were in the little field where I found the 50 cal. ball, when I turned on the T2 I was getting a rhythmic signal. With the T2 still I was getting a signal about every 3 to 4 sec. I've never had that happen in almost the year I've had the T2. I changed freq. and that didn't help. I've been around power lines and this was different. This was a good distinct signal every 3 to 4 sec. whether the coil was moving or not. The only thing I could come up with was maybe there was a microwave tower some where near. Pete said there was, about a mile away. I continued to hunt and listen through the signals and if I got what I thought was a signal I would sweep over the target and if I got a repeatable signal I would dig it. Thats when I found the 50 cal. ball along with some other stuff. That was a strange experience. We went to 2 other fields with in a 1 to 2 mile range of this field and had no problems. Any ideas? The others guys were hunting with Whites and had no problems. I wasn't picking up their detectors, because I've been close to them before with no problems.

hey dick there was a electric fench right across the street from where we parked greg and i noticed it when we took a break.

I'll have to check it out next time. Maybe that explains why it didn't do it anywhere else. If that is the case at least I'll know if a fence is electrified. Talk to ya later.

Dick. I agree with Charlie's suggestion re-cattle fence pulsed radiation.

A Whites detector is capable of suppressing such interference, until you get very close to the source.

I once detected with a mate using the old Minelab Sov. He couldn't get within 50 yds of such a fence. Using my Whites in Correlate mode allowed me to work within several feet of the same wire.

As you are now aware, the T2 is sensitive to 'transients'.
That is, sharp, spiky interference.
It is a characteristic of most 'fast response' detectors.
I believe the T2 has two sets of filters.

One of three sections and one of two sections.

Just how they are configured and in which channel ( Motion or All metal?) I'm not sure of.

Next time you experience such, try holding your T2 out horizontally and see if you can use it to 'sight' the source of your problem or the general bearing of where it's coming from. (180 degrees ambiguity in the method unless source is visible)

They can drive ya batty! :) I've found that if they are "shorted" by a limb, or weed touching them, they cause a lot more problems than when they are operating normally. Also, wet weather (or damp ground) seems to really amplify the problem. I've "heard" them with a detector (many different brands) as far away as 2 to 300 yards. The F-75 I have handles them really well though...I haven't used a T-2 so I can't offer info. with it.

hh'n

Mark in NC

i had this same problem with a dfx in the u.k tried matts suggestion when he was with me in fact and we located the source as a mobile phone mast about a mile away on top of a hill sending out a massive pulse ,a change of coils and frequency cured that particular fields problems