Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Week for the Dealers

FooserPaul

With this upcoming release, excitment, and demand this will be a big week for the dealers as pricing comes available and product for sale on the 28th...

This window will be interesting to observe... Lots of money to be made... How will this impact street pricing ??? or will Minelab control pricing and force dealers to get creative with their offerings...

There will be nothing out of the ordinary likely. Probably a MAP and then dealers putting together various packages. Pretty standard operating procedure.

But there is a growing phenomena which is going to end up hurting everyone that shops for any kind of electronics. The Brick and Mortar stores are being driven out of business by the internet discounters. People go to the Brick and Mortar to look at the picture on a TV they want to buy, then order online because it's cheaper, and are proud of themselves for the bargain they got. Two years from now when they need to replace another TV they will go to find the Brick and Mortar shuttered. And these will be the same people to go to an internet forum to complain they can't find a place to see the pictures on a TV they are interested in buying.

HH
BB

That is why I will buy from my local dealer face to face. He has always treated me right.

BarnacleBill said:
There will be nothing out of the ordinary likely. Probably a MAP and then dealers putting together various packages. Pretty standard operating procedure.

But there is a growing phenomena which is going to end up hurting everyone that shops for any kind of electronics. The Brick and Mortar stores are being driven out of business by the internet discounters. People go to the Brick and Mortar to look at the picture on a TV they want to buy, then order online because it's cheaper, and are proud of themselves for the bargain they got. Two years from now when they need to replace another TV they will go to find the Brick and Mortar shuttered. And these will be the same people to go to an internet forum to complain they can't find a place to see the pictures on a TV they are interested in buying.

HH
BB

Bill, I am with you on the local decision if I get value from local... If I need to see it, get guidance and or instruction, they can repair it locally and/or handle the repair...

If I need a Hard Drive for my computer I decide on the size... Look see at Best Buy, NewEgg, and check pricing at Pricewatch.com... If I can pick it up locally with 10-15% I will, if not I'll order it online... Local can't fix it, if there is a problem, they direct me to the manufacturer... They add little to no value (other than local employees)...

I always buy appliances locally... I do my own research...

I have 2 detector dealers around me... both about 60 miles drive... Both are part time operations... One I've tried to purchase from and communication were terrible at best, promises to get back to me and nothing... He has an 800 number, and it seems like its a service... They just take a message, ask for clarity to the point you know they are not metal detecting knowledgeable, then at best I get an Email a few days later... The other dealer always makes me feel like he is only interested in me purchasing when he wants to get rid or or makes the most $$$ on... I wished he would listen more and respond to my needs...

I get the clicks and bricks concept... Until 2000 I had a computer store doing over 1M annually... Over a 5 year period we watched overall profits drop from 28% to 12% for sales and service to remain competitive to the clicks, but went the way of most smaller computer shops...

If I had a local shop I could develop a relationship with I would...

Guess the only point I was making was strategically it was an interesting and competitive time for dealers... with a lots of sales and $$$ at stake... Not trying to rile anyone up... Was just a thought in my head :)

Now back to your regular scheduled program :)