Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Birthday weekend hunt :thumbup:

Derrelld

Last weekend September 5th I celebrated my 27th birthday. The wife asked me what I wanted to do all weekend.... I said go metal detecting :detecting: Its been a long time since I posted in the Explorer forum. Heck its been a long time since I touched my explorer. I was just looking through my coin book and I haven't dug an old coin since 2012 :surprised: My father passed away recently, took a new position at work, also been house shopping. Things have just been crazy!

I've had my eye on this old park for a long time, so last weekend I decided to give it a try. Ended up with a little bit of everything! A couple wheat's, one merc, 1914 Barber dime, 1969 Canadian nickel, and a 1916 Coin from Italy about the size of a quarter.. Felt great to be back at it. Nice to also see I haven't lost my touch :thumbup:

Hopefully ill be sharing more soon!

Derrelld

Derrell,that's a sweet return to action! It looks like you have a nice selection of coils and a CTX by your profile also! Out of curiosity,what is your favorite Explorer coil overall and why?
Nice finds man!

Kevin

Derrell, great to see a post from you again. I had wondered where you were! You were one of the regulars I always looked forward to when I was new on the forum. HH (again) Bruce

Its like riding a bicycle once you learn only takes time to get your muscles back in shape...nice bunch of finds...
Past year with my wifes medical problems only been out several times but wife is improving and even at 77 hope to get back in the saddle again this Fall or perhaps next Spring..At your age am sure you will one day get back at it full time again....

Nice finds , Happy belated Birthday and welcome back . I always liked seeing your posts with the great finds and pictures .:clapping::beers:

Appreciate it Kevin :thumbup: I would have to say the 10x12 SEF coil is my all time favorite. I always tell explorer users, an explorer equipped with a sunray probe and 10x12 SEF is a dangerous combination :thumbup: I have recovered some of my best finds while using it over the years. I'm not saying the other coils wouldn't have hit the targets, I have just built up confidence with it strapped to my detector. It handles iron better than any coil I own, meaning I dig less nails. I also have no problem sorting through the heavy trash. I enjoy heading to heavily littered areas other hunters tend to avoid. I can slow down and really pick through the signals.

Second favorite would be the big 12x13! That thing has really impressed me on multiple occasions. Talk about going deep! I keep pulling coins of sites I've been over countless times. It really all comes down to being confident in your equipment as well as your site.

Hope this helps!

Absolutely it helps,I've read good things about both. I also believe it's CONFIDENCE in your equipment,many coils would probably hit the same targets in a lot of cases but there always seems to be that magic combo that seems to do really well overall. For me right now it's the stock 1050 on my EX2. The Sunray x8 has found my oldest coin ever and the 5" Excelerator has found a couple Indians in really dense trash. I always go back to the stock coil,it has found the MOST because I use it the MOST. It sure is nice to have options though....

HH
Kevin

Thanks Dirt Doc :thumbup: I appreciate it sir!

Thanks Mike! Definitely a great bday :detecting:

Bruce!!!! Its been a while buddy! I appreciate the welcome back :buds:

Thanks Chris!!!

Appreciate it Dan! I wish your wife all the best sir! Get out and find lots of silver soon!!!!!!!

Nice way to get back into it Derrell- congrats on the great finds! Very sorry to hear about your dad....

-- Jeff --
[size=large][/size]