Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Black Glass Bottles and More Kinda Day...

C

calabash digger

We hit a new spot and I pulled these...

Attachments

• IMG_4098.JPG
    IMG_4098.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4127.JPG
    IMG_4127.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4125.JPG
    IMG_4125.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
Some body done let the Genie out of the bottle CD. Those are amazing pieces, I have never seen a bottle like that before and who is that crabby looking feller with the pipe in his mouth LOL Keep up the good work!
HH Jeff

Some body done let the Genie out of the bottle CD. Those are amazing pieces, I have never seen a bottle like that before and who is that crabby looking feller with the pipe in his mouth LOL Keep up the good work!
HH Jeff
He he :rofl:, couldn't have said it better myself, cala-d, you know smoking will stunt your growth. Nice finds though, cala-d when I used to hunt bottles I had a machine shop make me a probe with a t handle, I didn't dive but I did hunt some water areas and it came in handy. Plenty of stuff under the muck you can't see. Maybe you already have one I don't know. I still have it somewhere.

This is peaking my interest more and more. There are several old Potlatch logging camps around here and I know where there are a couple tin can dumps and just never thought about bottles (or intact glass) being included. I did see the neck of a small clear glass bottle sticking out of the dirt and gave it a pull, turned out it was whole and an older ketchup or vinegar bottle. Same dump had a small can with the graphic still readable “orange juice” and “Union Pacific Railroad”. Now I have to go back....

Attachments

• 1ED30D75-1E87-4087-80BB-DD798BCCA1C2.png
    1ED30D75-1E87-4087-80BB-DD798BCCA1C2.png
    942.4 KB · Views: 105
This is peaking my interest more and more. There are several old Potlatch logging camps around here and I know where there are a couple tin can dumps and just never thought about bottles (or intact glass) being included. I did see the neck of a small clear glass bottle sticking out of the dirt and gave it a pull, turned out it was whole and an older ketchup or vinegar bottle. Same dump had a small can with the graphic still readable “orange juice” and “Union Pacific Railroad”. Now I have to go back....
Bottle hunting gets in your blood, check out "privy digging"/youtube, but with these hobbies can be danger, I crawled out on top of a cistern once that was under a front porch. They would usually throw wood or tin over them and let it go. I noticed the ground was flexing under me, I backed up slowly and left the old bottle where it was. I have a bottle I have had for 30 years/looking at it now. The 3rd year I had it I finally put together the words on the front of the bottle: sarsa and parilla. A sarsparilla soda, 3 years to figure that out :rofl: :shrug: Ok I'm slow.

Nice work Calabash! Closest I came was finding a shard of ‘black glass’ that looks dark purple when you hold it up to light. Like a welders helmet lens.

Anyway, way to go Cal! Learned a lot from your posts and videos. Regards

now thats getting old and nice

That is one very unique chunk of a jug..very artistic will all grooves and flow blue...very unique..I don’t believe I’ve seen anything quite like that one..if you can pinpoint exactly where you found it it might be worth while to see if you can find the missing pieces and have it restored..