Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Black Vaq hits silver

KennyD

The first trip out with the new Black Vaquero, she hits a big hunk of .925!! Couldnt be happier with this little hot rod.

Nice find KennyD.
Have you figured out how to not dig so many bottle caps with that new coil ? I sometimes have a hard time with the stock concentric coil on my vaquero and I always heard DD coils were worse.
Congratulations on the silver. You're off to a great start this year.

Thanks Kansa54, and YES I learned a great tip from wheatymike on bottlecaps ID with the DD coil.

First, pinpoint target and center it under coil. Then release pinpoint button and move coil off to the side of target. Press pinpoint and SLOWLY move coil toward target. A bottle or screw cap will begin screaming as the outer edge of coil gets near it. Whereas, a coin wont sound of until under the center of the coil.

Ive tried this numerous times and it absolutley WORKS with the 11x8 DD coil.

Nice find!!
I like the looks of that Vaquero and I really like the looks of the new coil.. I may have to get one for my Vaquero.

fwcrawford said:
Nice find!!
I like the looks of that Vaquero and I really like the looks of the new coil.. I may have to get one for my Vaquero.

That would be money well spent!

Kick the but , that good ,