Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Black Vaq w/new 11X8 coil first run

KyJoe

Got a few hours in with my new Black Vaquero and the 11X8 coil. I have a well established coin garden (10 years old) and the Vaquero had no problem with any of it. Deepest coin is a 12" quarter, no problem. Having only one tone to analyze it seems you can come up to speed quick distinquishing good targets from bad, though as with any machine it will take some time to really learn the subtle nuances of that "one tone". Dug many bad sounding targets just to see what's under the coil and I haven't been fooled yet.

The recovery speed with the 11X8 coil is insanely fast. Laying 5 coins on the ground about 2" apart it's amazing how it will report each coin, even with a fast sweep. This being my first Tesoro I am very impressed. With that being said.........I want to give the Vaq a fair shake but I just don't know yet If it's for me, "beep and dig" if you will. I'm used to having so much more info, tones etc. We'll see how it goes.

I would like to try the 5.75" concentric coil for sure. Everyone sings its praises.

For me the 5.75 does very well in heavy trash and around play ground equipment in tot lots.

listen carefully to that one tone, it can tell you loads of information, the lenth, roundness, repeatability, snaps and crackles all are information as to dig or not to dig.

BLOODHOUND1970 said:
listen carefully to that one tone, it can tell you loads of information, the lenth, roundness, repeatability, snaps and crackles all are information as to dig or not to dig.
I agree totally! And the 5.75" concentric coil is amazing too, the depth that it can go for such a small coil is impressive on the Vaquero.