Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blank Check For Whites.

umax

Misses Clause has given me an early Christmas present, blank check to spend on a MXT or M6...The only criteria I look for in a detector, " Single Tone " and 90% of my hunting would be minimum discrimination. I have used the M6 and have yet the MXT...I live in southern Virginia where the soil conditions are ideal, Neutral to lukewarm. I have ample property to detect, of course with owner permission.

Tesoro

That is an awesome Christmas present. My wife would give me a voided check! Just kidding. Take a look at the MX 7. Monte has posted what he thinks of it so far. If anyone will give an honest and unbiased review, it would be him. I have an MX Sport and love it. Good luck and Happy Hunting :detecting:

I was given that option several Christmases ago and got an MX5. The nice thing about the two you've chosen AND the MX 7 is the ability to CHOOSE- you can have one tone and low discrimination-but in a pinch have an array of choices to choose from. And yes- I highly value Monte's opinions and OMG- soon as Publisher's Clearing House visits me.....:jump::hot::yikes:

Coin & Jewelry - M6
Relics & Nugget shooting - MXT
Coin, Jewelry, relics, nugget shooting - MXT Pro

umax said:
Misses Clause has given me an early Christmas present, blank check to spend on a MXT or M6...The only criteria I look for in a detector, " Single Tone " and 90% of my hunting would be minimum discrimination. I have used the M6 and have yet the MXT...I live in southern Virginia where the soil conditions are ideal, Neutral to lukewarm. I have ample property to detect, of course with owner permission.

[size=large]?[/size] What detectors, makes and models, are you using now?

[size=large]?[/size] Why do you want 'Single Tone' only? Why not a 2-Tone, or 3-Tone or other multi-tone configuration?

[size=large]?[/size] By "minimum Discrimination" do you mean zero, to accept ALL targets both ferrous and non-ferrous, or what level of rejection would you typically use?

[size=large]?[/size] I'm curious why you indicate an MXT and M-6? The MXT was originally introduced about eighteen years ago, and was 'up-scaled' by the MXT Pro, renamed MXT All-Pro that offers more functional features and search modes, such as a Threshold-based All Metal mode. To me it is notably more versatile than the discontinued original MXT.

The M-6, a very good Coin & Jewelry Hunting detector that can also serve for Relic Hunting, was introduced shortly after the original MXT and marketed or intended mainly for an average Coin Hunter, but it does lack a Threshold audio ability and also doesn't have a conventional All Metal search mode. The M-6 was discontinued at one point and they kept the MX-5 in the line, which I happened to prefer most of the time over the M-6 or MXT All-Pro I also had at the time. Now with the 2018 Catalog they have dropped the MX-5, which I felt was wrong, and reintroduced the M-6, but it is in the 'Industrial' section and is promoted as a Police/Law Enforcement device for use as a crime scene search unit.

[size=large]?[/size] You didn't indicate the MXT Pro or All-Pro 'improved' model, not the MX-5 which is really a very good detector for most applications, and I am curious why you haven't considered these White's offerings?

[size=large]?[/size] Finally, why haven't you also considered the newly released MX-7? It is not just a reconfigured MXT series models but a different circuitry design with more adjustment features, yet very 'Simple' to access or change 'on-the-fly' to adapt to the type of hunting you are doing.

[size=large]?[/size] By-the-way, you have "ample property to detect" so I wonder are you mainly a Relic Hunter, or do you also engage in Coin & Jewelry Hunting in typical urban environments?

If this was more of an open question as to which White's detector to get, my reply, in the order I would select them for me and my preferred uses, would be as follows:

MX-7
MX-5
MXT All-Pro
M-6

MXT

Also, I would have a 6½" Concentric coil for most search needs, either the 9" spider or 950 Concentric for more open areas with less trash, and with the MX-7 you might also consider the aftermarket made Detech 7" DD coil for some sites.

Monte

I'm with you Monte on the MX5. I had the MXT Tracker, great machine but sold it and kept the MX5 when the MX Sport came out. Still use the MX5 and it's my go to detector at seeded hunts. Other detectors don't interfer with it as much as the MX Sport. The Sport is just so sensitive, have to turn it way down and frequency offset will knock out say a Fisher detector but then another White's will cause it to cut up. I put the SEF WSS 5x10 coil on MX5 and can really cover some ground. Does a fair job on wet salt at the beach but the MX Sport runs little better on the beach. I'd love to have an MX7 just to try it and use as a loner.

I’ve had the m6, in fact I sold it and bought it back and sold it again. It’s actually an mxt stuck in coin jewelry mode. Good machine but I have an mxt all pro now and an equinox

My M6 does everything I need ,found a class 1945 girl gold ring . My first ring also good on coins . tuff choice good luck semper fi vet