Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BlissTool Discrimination and Coil Falsing

WestTn

BarryNy,
I need another Blisstool owner's help in determining if my Blisstool V3 is faulty or if it is working as intended by the designers.
After working with the Blisstool LTC64X v3 for the past 3 weeks, I have the following issues:
1) The coil will beep falsely when the coil is turned quickly, bumped lightly or tapped with my hand without any metal being present. Is this a faulty coil? If I turn the threshhold and gain down, the falsing is reduced but not completely. I had a similar issue with Garrett AT Pro last year and Garrett had to repair the unit.
2) The discrimination will knock out iron, but it cannot discriminate pull tabs or pop tops or anything higher than foil. All my other detectors can discriminate these and even zinc pennies, but the Blisstool cannot discrimite past foil no matter what I try. Is the discrimination on this machine just limited to iron and tiny bits of foil and that is all? If that is true, then this machine is not going to work well with modern trash. Maybe the machine is not calibrated correctly or I need to try other settings, but I have tried every combination of settings and it will not knock out anything higher than a folded gum wrapper.
3) The depth does not match what I am seeing on Youtube. When I use the same settings that I see on the videos, I can only detect a US Dime (10 cents) at 9 or 10 inches which my CZ-3D can do. My Tesoro Tejon can easily perform as well or better and Blisstool claims that it can almost match most Pulse Induction units which I do not find to be true. I have mild soil so mineral contaminated is not a problem for me so I think I have a defective machine or there is something else going on. I am hoping that the new US distributor can offer some assistance since I have never received any word back from Blisstool support in Bulgaria after sending two messages stating that I was having problems with the coil and the question about the discrimination and depth.
I am not knocking the machine, but I feel I may have a faulty unit or maybe I had a different expectation.
I would appreciate any advice,
WestTn

High,
If you watch the Youtube videos closely, especially the ones made in France and the Italian ones, you will notice that the blisstool is quite a "chattery" bugger.
It starts to squawk and sqeal whenever they pick it up or lay it down.
Maybe that is because they got the gain/threshold cranked to max, I don

Hello, I did watch the one made in France and so did a lot of French detectoristes.Please watch it again and see that this guy cannot pinpoint over the target since the coil is ringing at each end of the sweep.

West TN - PM me your email so your concerns can be forwarded to both the USA Distributor and also directly to Blisstool.
Thanks - sounds like it's either setup wrong or you have a fault.
Either way - I'm sure they will take care of it for you.

Barry,
PM sent. What is your personal experience with the discrimination on the LTC64X V3. Can you get it to knock out pull tabs, ring pulls, etc? Mine won't.

barryny said:
West TN - PM me your email so your concerns can be forwarded to both the USA Distributor and also directly to Blisstool.
Thanks - sounds like it's either setup wrong or you have a fault.
Either way - I'm sure they will take care of it for you.

Hey Old Coins (Pierre) - here we go again - you are funny.

For a guy that only uses an Excalibur and won't even take the time to meet up with me and see the Blisstool for yourself - you surely do a good job of down-grading the machine from just watching some videos. Do everyone a favor and test it yourself and then tell the results!!!

Maybe those guys you are watching don't know how to set it up correctly.

Come see for yourself or keep your comments to yourself. Stop being a Monday morning quarterback or an armchair coach.

Only a fool makes comments about a piece of electronic equipment he has never seen or touched. You said the same things about the Deus to me - about how they su-ked - and now it's all the rage.

Thank you.

Hello Barry,
A forum is not a place to insult each other but to express our opinions.However for the record I started detecting in 1987 to now with a multitude of detectors that I will not brague about.When we met you 3 years ago Neil and I, you admitted you could not even move a detector in a water.Suddenly you have aquired a PHD in metal detecting.The last post that you participated on the blisstool was closed by the administrator as I beleive to unfair remarques on existing fines detectors with proven records.All that to push a Bulgarian detector that do not have track record although your messages announces videos that nobody can see.
It is a pity that the "Artifactdetecting team" sponsored by Minelab by videos and gift to your contests is now denigrated as well as others fine Brands on the market.All that may be to acquirre may be a dealership .
The readers should be aware of a number of companies from differentes countries that see metal detecting as a high source of revenue but without giving the technologie that is already in existence.
I am just enjoying my hobby but seeing where it is going that make me wonder.

I'm not convinced of anything at this point other than the Blisstool has good depth capabilities.
The real question is if it's depth capabilities are useful. If my CZ3D didn't have the ability to i.d. targets I would have sold it a long time ago. You can put go-cart tires on a top fuel dragster but WTF ? Right ?
I waiting to see if the unit is stable in bad mineralized ground and to see if it detects crown caps exactly like coins etc. How is it at unmasking? Can you even detect a ring or gold charm next to a nail or crown cap ?
How is the recovery speed ? Lots of unanswered questions. I'm still hopeful, still interested and intrigued but I'm also not sold yet.

WestTn said:
I Love pull tabs and pop tops-------gold rings also
BarryNy,
I need another Blisstool owner's help in determining if my Blisstool V3 is faulty or if it is working as intended by the designers.
After working with the Blisstool LTC64X v3 for the past 3 weeks, I have the following issues:
1) The coil will beep falsely when the coil is turned quickly, bumped lightly or tapped with my hand without any metal being present. Is this a faulty coil? If I turn the threshhold and gain down, the falsing is reduced but not completely. I had a similar issue with Garrett AT Pro last year and Garrett had to repair the unit.
2) The discrimination will knock out iron, but it cannot discriminate pull tabs or pop tops or anything higher than foil. All my other detectors can discriminate these and even zinc pennies, but the Blisstool cannot discrimite past foil no matter what I try. Is the discrimination on this machine just limited to iron and tiny bits of foil and that is all? If that is true, then this machine is not going to work well with modern trash. Maybe the machine is not calibrated correctly or I need to try other settings, but I have tried every combination of settings and it will not knock out anything higher than a folded gum wrapper.
3) The depth does not match what I am seeing on Youtube. When I use the same settings that I see on the videos, I can only detect a US Dime (10 cents) at 9 or 10 inches which my CZ-3D can do. My Tesoro Tejon can easily perform as well or better and Blisstool claims that it can almost match most Pulse Induction units which I do not find to be true. I have mild soil so mineral contaminated is not a problem for me so I think I have a defective machine or there is something else going on. I am hoping that the new US distributor can offer some assistance since I have never received any word back from Blisstool support in Bulgaria after sending two messages stating that I was having problems with the coil and the question about the discrimination and depth.
I am not knocking the machine, but I feel I may have a faulty unit or maybe I had a different expectation.
I would appreciate any advice,
WestTn

I rather like the fackt that it only discriminates out foil , thats how i dig in the farm feilds now i dig everything obove Iron , I have found gold ring, that was coming in as can slaw, gladd i dug it i think this is a great feature, as far as you dont know how deep , just lift the coil up and judge, it has 13 knobs and setting one out of whack could efect depth , you have to learn the machine , if those guys where lieing about it they would loose thear costomers somthing they would not want to do , critter I thank you for pointing out the down sides of the machine because people should know what they are getting into for me i like the beep dig machines and have used the musky but from what i see i would like this machine ,