Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blisstool question....

I bought this from what I had seen in there Video....Tauting it the deepest Beach detector.

Beach issues
I have a Blisstool and I find that regaurdless what I do on the beach it is useless........
If another detectorist is within 50 yards The detector becomes noisy and useless.....

Hoping it works better on my inland site's.....or some settings you found that work for the beach.

Anyone have any comments on how it runs for you in either situation.....Now need to try it inland.

I know that it's not usuable in salt water. Haven't heard yet if it will handle salt soaked sand out of the water. I suspected it would have EMI issues with other machines or nearby electrical stuff due to it's probable nature of being highly amped to try to achieve the depths claimed, so I'm waiting for more reports one way or the other on that to see if there is a issue. If anything it's a private field and certain beach machine, as it has no modulated audio to judge depth, no VDI, no tone alerts, and can only turn up discrimination high enough to kill I think small foil. Without modulated audio and lacking better discrimination or a way via audio or VDI to ID targets, I wouldn't want to use one on public land because I'd be digging more holes with no way to selectively choose probable ID and also wider/deeper holes since they'd have to be wide enough to dig deep without knowing how deep the target is. They say it has outstanding depth, while I've read a few who got one saying they aren't seeing any better depth than any other VLF machine. I'm wondering if this might be a single frequency issue with certain soils or targets since it runs on only one frequency. I'm still waiting to read more from actual users to judge any depth ability it may have one way or the other. If it turns out it does get outstanding depth I may want one for certain niche situations. IE: Private fields away from any potential EMI problems (if it has any) that might have a lot of iron but are low in non-ferrous trash. Might also be useful to me on certain fresh water beaches I hunt if EMI turns out not to be an issue. Still waiting for more reports one way or the other myself.

do not pass 1.5 on the gain on a salt beach you can also ask question s on the blisstool UK fourum they have all the answers for yu try 0 gain and buri some things and work with the ground balance and threshold wich should stay it 5 I know my pistol prob messed with the machine so i got the garret and no problems now BUT if you are close to a buried power cable you will have problems and have to turn it down also to high of threshold can cause it to be eratic ,

As you already know I ended up returning mine. You can through the proper settings supplied by bliss stabilize the machine for the salt water beach, even for wet sand no problem. But to do that the recommended bliss settings have you turn disc all the way up which takes out foil range gold. To me that's a no no when beach hunting. I also had a very difficult time maintaining the extreme depth while also keeping the machine stable enough to hunt. After help from bliss USA I could get the machine very stable on the beach but at a loss of the extreme depth, it would then be comparable to other single frequency detectors. I think the machine has its place, I felt for me I did not benefit on a salt water beach with it, others may feel differently. Critters assessment above is pretty accurate IMHO. Let me know how you make out inland.