Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

blm land

No it's closed to detecting. A public forum like this isn't really the place to ask. :sneaky:

I'm going to guess that you're fairly new to detecting due to the fact that you're asking that question here in the first place. You'll not get a definitive answer from the BLM or any other government office. If you call and the person on the other end of the line says yes, then you can bet the field officer that finds you out there will say you can't. Same goes for asking the city parks department, forest service, etc. Sometimes its better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. Private property - get the owners permission before hand.
My copy of the "Desert Training Center" California - Arizona Maneuver Area Interpretive Plan From the Department of the Interior BLM says about Camp Ibis:
Camps Young, Coxcomb, Granite, Iron Mountain, Clipper and Ibis will be closed to artifact collecting. This will protect the few remaining surface items by eliminating digging which is visually impairing Blah Blah Blah.

Tom, for future reference....I have been detecting for about 20 years. Have also detected on BLM land many times. As far as camp Ibis is concerned I am well aware of its history as I have hunted around Goffs and nearby Ibis several times. My wife and I visited camp Ibis a month or so ago. It is a very interesting site. Sorry you took offense because I posted my question on this forum. I thought that's what forums were for. To pass on and get information. Happy Hunting

When you start with a whole 9 words question an nothing else, well, you get the answer you get, next time introduce yourself, some history etc. As far as Tom taking "offense" I read everything several times and I don't see where Tom took offense, I see where you did at the end, and if you had the experience and had been there, then you would also be capable of finding the answer to your question. "To pass on and get information." is absolutely true, but you weren't looking for information, your second post said you checked different BLM sites that told you it was ok to hunt those sites, so you merely wanted someone else to tell you it's ok. The problem with forums aside from the occasional emoji, it's hard to tell how a person is conversing, no voice inflection, no body language, no emotion etc, so what looks like a verbal thrashing is in fact NOT. So, let me say, welcome aboard, let us know what you find out when if you detect there, maybe things have changed.

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Historic sites such as cabins, sawmills, graves, trail traces, mining areas, townsites, ranches and railroads are not open to collecting. Metal detector use is allowed on public lands. Modern money may be collected, but coins and artifacts more than 100 years old may not be collected
Historic sites such as cabins, sawmills, graves, trail traces, mining areas, townsites, ranches and railroads are not open to collecting. Metal detector use is allowed on public lands. Modern money may be collected, but coins and artifacts more than 100 years old may not be collected
Note: You cannot use a metal detector in national parks, state parks, or wilderness areas. Always get permission to prospect on private property. Most BLM land is open for prospecting, if it has not been placed in a protected status. To be safe, check with the local rangers when in doubt .

No offence taken. My quote on camp Ibis above is a direct quote from the BLM's own book.

Thanks to all for your input...I was confused as to whether Camp Ibis was considered Historical....In Goffs, the historial blm land is fenced off. Since camp Ibis wasn't I wasn't sure. Thanks again.

Heading back to Illinois for the summer. No more desert hunting for now as the rattlers are out and about now. Too hot to wear the snake guards I have....Once agin thank you to all who replied to my question.