Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blue 1984 Tesoro Sabre Supreme

reddirtfisher

:cool: I was surfing Craigslist Tulsa Oklahoma today. A guy has a 1984 Tesoro Sabre Supreme for sale. It's blue and has a depth meter. Cool looking machine. I have never seen one of these and didn't even know they existed. He wants 40 bucks. :detecting::goodnight:

If it works, it is certainly worth that...

I saw that ad also. I had one of those back in the late 80"s that I purchased in an estate sale. It was a neat looking rig but had a chatter. I called Tesoro about it and they said that they had never seen one but if I would send it in they would tune it up. I sent it in and several weeks later I got it back with the meter blown out and a note telling me they didn't have a replacement,,, which was a bunch of baloney,, thee was nothing wrong with the meter when I sent it to them. I suspect they put it on a bench power supply and blew it. (the older unit used a 9 volt battery while the newer ones used higher voltage).

Sooo much for the tesoro sob story,,,, if you go to buy it make sure the meter works and it isn't the one that I sold in a garage sale for $5.

PS, I was told by another person later that it looked like one that Tesoro made for Montgomery Ward back before Tesoro changed hands

:cool:Thanks for the heads up Ron. I live too far away to go get it anyway. I am trying to restore an old Bounty Hunter DE 280 right now and the meter is blown on it too. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. Need a battery door too. It's a pretty good unit. I can get a quarter at 9 to 10 inches if I have it tuned just right. Sometimes the old units are hard to beat. I think Jack Gifford may have designed this when he was working for Bounty Hunter but I'm not sure. :detecting:

I've always used the older ones but am down to only a Coinmaster GT. I really hate it that my Sabre Supreme got screwed up,,, it was really unique and in awesome condition. I have a gut feeling that the one advertised is the one that I sold several years ago due to the rarity of the critter.
I'll probably regret it but just sold my 6000di pro,, a fellow offered more than I could resist. Due to weather here in Okla I haven't even got to test my GT but just playing with it around the house and in yard it looks like a winner. It's my first non oldie...
Sounds like the old BH is going to do it's thing.