Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blue skies, new coil... what to do?

pasttom

Well the new 5X10 just arrived for my Gold Bug/Omega. Thanks Bart! Two days since I ordered it, what's up with that? Oh well, now I don't have to wonder if you shipped it yet. So what is a body to do? Hey, why don't I go try it out! Hummm, beach, relic or coin hunt? Its a rough life! I guess it would be best to begin at the beach and play it by ear from there.

I'll post my thoughts on the new coil when I get back.

Tom the blessed

:detecting:

Good luck with your new coil and let us know how you like it, thinking about getting one myself. When it comes to shipping out merchandise, Bart is quick..... HH

How does that go Pastor?
If a man asks for your pin pointer, give him your new coil also?:yikes:

Hope the new coils works well, I have already convinced myself I need one. Now to get the cash.

Good Luck and HH

:coastgaurd:

may god be with you in your hunt for the "riches!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Wow look at the posts!
Well, it was too nice of a day so I did not go all the way to the beach. Del, I went to the closest best place and got to swinging. I have permission to hunt a 1895 house two blocks from the center of town (one of few that still has a post & ring in front to tie your horse to). So far I found a 55 wheat and not much else. Today I did a little better- my first IH and a 925 bracelet (though a bit small). I will work on pics and post shortly.
My impression of the coil is what I predicted. I like it better than my 11dd. It is deeper than 5dd but does not pinpoint nearly as well. It seems sharper than the 11 and I may well get the hang of Xing to where I can narrow the target fairly fast and accurately. I am spoiled with the 5, I know.
John- yes Bart is the bomb!
Tony, I'll pray for you and your need. We may have a drawing for detector accessories at our church services. If you attend you will be blessed, I guarantee!
j.t.- God is there, but I am in it for the fun and fellowship. I am rich beyond my dreams because I am happy with what I have and I have much more than I need. Oh wait, maybe that was what you were referring to (or just sayin') :thumbup:
Tom the even more blessed!

yes that was what i was referring to,however ,if you have much more than you need,you might want to consider sendin' some of it my way!
juat sayin'...heh! heh! heh!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Note I haven't had time to soak the IH yet and I don't want to ruin it.
[attachment 210626 IH925.JPG].
1906 Indian was 18 inches
Small silver bracelet was not that deep but hit hard under a leaf (I'll take it).
Oh, 18 inches from the sidewalk and about an inch deep. Nice part of town, eh?

So, what can I say about the coil? Its a keeper! Though it will take for ever to pay for itself if it doesn't find bigger silver.
Tom

Good finds Tom.That coil is what I need for my gold bug pro.It sounds great.I bet it goes a little deeper on gold than the 5".
Keep up the hard work Tom,I am sure you will find some gold to pay for that coil soon!

Yeah, I haven't seen numbers and I didn't weigh them, but it feel lighter then the 11 and it is much easier to swing in tight places. I was doing the yard of a 115 year old house and getting around plants and planters, etc was much better. From a very subjective trial, I felt it superior to my 11DD in every sense. If it was not as deep it was not by much. It will be interesting to hit the beach with it. I will also find time and try it on my Omega someday. I'll let ya'all know how that goes.
HH gang!
Tom

BTW What's with the 7 foot cable? It is REALLY longer than my other coils and I don't see why. Must cost more to make, esp since it is not standard. What is it for?
Tom the Naive

:shrug:

I think its for chest mounting but it is not really setup for it-with some creative thinking I am sure a guy would find a way.Then one could water detect deeper with less chance of damage to machine.

I spent the afternoon at the beach slogging sand. Did find a cool gold Irish 5 pence cut coin pendant.
[attachment 210690 Irish1.jpg]
It seems to be 24k plate (http://www.irish-fine-gifts.com/index.html#scale). It was 6 feet from the trash can and I'd been hunting for 2 hours. It hit a perfect 45 IE classic foil. I committed to digging all targets but came close to passing on this and I am glad I am so stubborn!
I also found some very tiny metal pieces and bobbie pins. My finds seemed very much like my PI but with disc ability!
So in short order I have found my oldest coin, nicest gold and 925 silver jewelery. Not too shabby!
Tom the smiling!
:thumbup: