Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bluetooth Wireless headphones and AptX...

azsh07

I have been playing with wireless headphones for as long as they have had them out in a format I can make them fit a detector. Even had an IR set once rigged up.

I lately have been fiddling with the many variations out now.

As anyone who has been playing with this knows...the Kleer 2.4 Ghz are the ones that works the best. The Auvio's used to be o.k. but they quite making them. Currently the TDK WR700's are the most popular now with Kleer.

I am currently testing some other Kleer headphones...will see how they work.

But on the Bluetooth ones...as we all know they can have some pretty bad lag. Some worse than others.

For those that are not aware....if you get a Bluetooth 3.5mm transmitter and headphones with AptX the delay is almost not there. I can't say none....but I have been testing this and I plug the headphones in to the detector about 2/3 of the way so that you get the sound both in the phones and still out the speaker. hey low teck but it works. Then pass a target. You can hear any lag between the two....if you keep the headphone volume low you will hear the speaker first if there is a lag.

Non AptX will have a lag up to a full second although newer one seem to run about .25 to .50 seconds.

Now both the transmitter and the headphones have to be AptX devices or the transmitter defaults to normal.

Personally the lag in AptX is almost non detectable ......very tough to tell. On a Explorer not an issue...even on a fast Teknetics it has not been an issue.

bigger issues are usually battery life with most not lasting longer than 6 hours. While Kleer headphones will use AAA batteries and they run 30 hours or so.

Just a point of notice for anyone who plays around with wireless.....must be AptX to get the minimal lag. Also if you see a review with someone complaing about it they usually did not have an AptX headphone just the transmiiter.

transmitters run around $40.00 or so for an AptX and headphones about the same.

Also I have ordered several different Kleer versions to test. Yah....they are all from China....but what can you do. By the way there are a bunch of TDK WR 700's new on Ebay for $80.00.

Very few people are going to spend close to $400.00 for wireless phones. I am sure they are a quality product....again just too much for most people.