Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bluetooth Wireless Headphones

clockdryve

Went to Radio Shack yesterday. They have a Sale on their Motorola "STEREMOTO" Stereo Headphones-Bluetooth Wireless. Stock # RS 170-0970 Regular Price around $129 on sale for $79. Also their "BTA II" Bluetooth Adapter (transmitter) Actually got 3 of the transmitters-going back for a few more. Rechargeable Lithium Batteries!!! Lithium in the Headphones too. * The BTA II Is originally made to attach a NON bluetooth phone wirelessly to BT Headphones. Part # RS 170-0966 Regular over $40 >> Recently discounted to $19.95 ......NOW $9.95 closeout price (somewhere around there-give or take a few pennies) LISTS for $39.99 at Amazon.com right now, regular price $59.99 States 7 hour runtime-200 hour standby time. *Trouble is that the BTA II (made by CARDO systems) has a 3/32" (stereo phone plug) 2.5mm for you guys across the pond. I found for the time being a straight adapter at Radio Shack- Part #274-397 (stereo-stereo) that will match the input to the BTA II transmitter. I then connected the straight adapter to a 1/8 to 1/4 headphone jack (all this was necessary) cause I do not have the required 3/32" to 1/4" 45deg Stereo Phone jack, or easy to find. Not yet anyway :) Will try Ebay now that I know I will keep it. I notice *NO* DELAY in signal transfer. Not the loudest in the world, but plenty loud enough. 14 hour runtime>>500 hours standby time on the headphones. The ear cups on the Headphones are not the large type.....just big enough to rest on most of the ears. Have tried the Bluetooth on my 1265-X and Eagle Spectrum today (with matching Mono-Stereo adapter for the Whites) Just needing the 45deg angled 3/32" to 1/4" to clean this all up. The BTA II has supplied Velcro to attach to you metal detector. The BTA II is advertised as the SMALLEST BT Adapter. Better Grab Up those transmitters.....don't think you will find any CHEAPER!!! Version 1.2 Bluetooth technology for the transmitter. Range is estimated at 30FT. Haven't connected to my Minelab yet, but pretty sure will be no problem at over 2 gigahertz. Remember the INPUT to this BTA II transmitter (dongle) is STEREO 3/32" after that--what ever you need to do to match your detector.

Found out just a minute ago that online at Radio Shack, the headphones (HT820) "SAME" are now selling for $69.95. Time to get to RS and get my $10 back. Muahahahaha