Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bluetooth???

kgramlich

is there any way that a bluetooth ear plug could be fixed so u could hunt wireless??? would be great in this hot weather!!! thanks

Maybe?

I tried to put together a bluetooth setup on a shoestring budget. I used a
(1) "eForCity Universal Bluetooth Transmitter" that plugged into the detector and sent the signal (held in place by a small piece of velcro) and
(2) "Iwoo Sports Wireless Bluetooth Headset" that received the signal.
costing a grand total of about $20 (I didn't mind waiting on shippng from Hong Kong.)

Unfortunately, I found the delay to be too great to make the setup useable. Your milage may vary, depending on your transmitter, your headphones, and your detector. (My X-Terra 705 is "slow" compared to my ancient White's metal detector, but I'm adapted to it.) You could try your luck with the same or a similar setup -- worst case, it's nice to have for your phone or MP3 player -- but I think a small FM transmitter and FM-receiving headphone would work better. Why? It's all analog, so you don't add any delay (like bluetooth does) by converting the analog signal to digital -> sending through the air -> converting back to analog.

The problem with FM is dynamic headroom, which is severely clipped.
The best wireless setup that I know of right now is the TDK WR700, which is 2.4gHz KLEER Technology.

pierre87 said:
But the problem is that the TDK WR700's price is 100 euros so more than 100 dollars.
Killer B's are $100, and Sun Ray Pro Gold's are $135. So really, most good phones are going to be in that neighborhood anyway.