Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bobby pin express

bootyhoundpa

No gold today...decided to hunt in all metal today.. results, 16 stud earings and a pocket full of bobby pins.. hunted with the sov gt today... got some all metal experience which is a mode i never hunt in...[attachment 305381 20141228_1744221.jpg][attachment 305382 20141228_1801191.jpg]

Ok, that's not bad at all. Same beach you've been hammering with the VLF 5900? If so you haven't missed much if this is a measure of what remained in your previous detected swath. I will have to try that sometime with my GT.
HH - Bruce

Thanks bruce.. yes same sand ive been hammering over and over the last 3 months...i ground balanced the gt ,stayed in all metal and cranked sensetivity up to about 85%..then i tried to concentrate on just the smallest ,quietest,tight signals in fact some were so weak i would call them subtle disturbances rather than signals...i was amazed how well the gt hit on this previously missed stuff...also running in allmetal gave me better understanding of the crazy amount of bobby pins that still remains..one good thing though is when the lake receded i took 99 % of the foil with it so foil is pretty non existent. . its a race agaist time now as the level is starting to rise..it rose about 1 foot over the last 2 days... hh. Dave

I like that, Dave!.....havnt seen a big pile of bobby pins posted in a while...it really says a lot about that beach, and how you work...every beachhunter has to learn the pins, they say 'gold' area...you might get a small gold chain by chasing them...:shrug::clapping:
Mud

Thanks mud, i got back up to the lake yesterday...found more junk studs and another tooth..i found the tiny 14k baby stud laying on top of the sand when i bent over to retrieve one of the junk studs..at this point im finding all these junk studs have magnetic stems on them hence the reason i didn't find them until my disc was set lower..[attachment 305504 20141230_1855401.jpg][attachment 305505 20141230_1856131.jpg]

Lord thats tiny! must weigh .1gr! :surprised:...I wonder if a fellow made a few passes with a magnet broom like we used in construction through there to clear things out a bit...:shrug:
Mud

I like the idea mud...Cant say the magnet idea didnt cross my mind but there every where from surface to 10 in deep and they all scream when you get the coil over them...dave..