Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bone Conduction headphones for land hunting

JimmyCT

I suffer from considerable hearing loss in both ears along with the dreaded tinnitus. I’ve been reading about how bone conduction headphones will greatly benefit those that have hearing loss. Is there anyone that uses Bluetooth bone conduction headphones while land detecting? If so, what are your experiences and what are your recommendations for bone conduction brand headphones?

I’m in the same situation as you with severe hearing loss and ringing in the ears. Hearing aids help with everyday life. Looking at several different posts here on the forums opinions seem to be the bone conduction headphones might help us both but some people find that they are uncomfortable or are difficult to use because they have problems maintaining their position on their head. I have found that beaches have winds that can make the use of hearing aids not pleasant. Wind noise overwhelms everything else. Wearing headphones is likely my best option for detecting. Land hunting my Xterra pro with speaker and vibration is my preferred method if I’m not too close to people who want to be able to enjoy the sound of the outdoors and not be distracted by my detector. If you find a solution please share with me and the other impaired individuals looking for a better solution. Good luck. 👍