Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Books

artman60

Hi everyone, as I sit here, waiting out our blizzard of 13, it dawns on me I could be reading up on the AT Pro, if there are books out there on it. I have watched a lot of the videos from Garretts, and feel I will be more ahead when I use this machine then on any other detector I have owned. But I still have a couple of months anyways before the ground is ready for an assault on it, so I was wondering if there were any books on the AT Pro that would be worth reading while the winter is still haunting me. Thank you, Artie

The owner's manual is a good start. Have you bench tested it and got outside and tried it with coins and some of your jewelry. Just don't lose the wife's jewelry or you will be in the dog house during the blizzard..
There are so many experienced members on these forums they probably can answer any questions you have. I just got my AT/Pro and look forward to learning to use it better. I don't know of any other books, but you might find some reviews in Western & Eastern treasure magazine. Lost treasure magazine, also. Just remember, you have to dig a lot of trash to find a lot of treasure, coins or jewelry. Good luck and happy hunting.

I recall reading in one of the Garrett newsletters Steve Moore has a book I think on relic hunting with the AT Pro.

A bit off subject, but sking/sledding/tubing hills are great in winter if u get permission and can stand the weather.

MikeLab said:
"Relic Quest" by Stephen L. Moore. Pretty sure it has some info on the AT Pro.
i have this one as well good book one of the better detecting books i have seen.i believe its probably one of the newest detecting books on the market.most of the others i have seen are older and not as up to date.

I don't recall which newsletter that was in, but Steve said he gives some ID numbers for relics in the book.

True on the "Relic Quest" Steve does a great job explaining every feature of the AT Pro.. You may have time to read it twice..Great Read!!!

I think watching video's specific to the AT-Pro is your best bet. I tried the book route but, really you can only get general detecting tips...watching video's, and say doing air testing of a variety of different metal objects is your best bet.

Here is a video I made that demonstrates VDI numbers for different gold, silver, platinum, tungsten, and stainless steel rings.....hope its helpful. Yes, all the rings in the video were found with an AT-Pro!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSTADU9UWIM

Keep in mind this was an air test, the numbers can and more then likely will vary alittle depending on soil type and Depth of target. The deeper an object is numbers will drop and jump around more. When learning the AT-Pro or any detector for that matter your best bet is to dig everything that is not in the Iron range, unless you are relic hunting...in that case dig everything.

Good Luck and HH

Thanks for the demo on the VDI numbers for the AT Pro, this will help out thank you... Did you make any more AT-Pro video demonstrations

Very informative, thank you very much. I'm gonna pull my manual out again and reread it, got another 13 inches forcast for this weekend. AAAAHHHH. Artie

I have not made any other AT-Pro demo videos, I have made a nice series of videos demostrating the XP Deus on a bunch of targets in each of the 4 different frequencies though if anyone is interested in viewing those.

I will help you out best I can if you have any questions. My first year with the AT-Pro I was a newbie to the hobby so I had to learn about metal detecting and the machine so I only found 7 rings. Last year, my second year with at machine I found 31 rings. I purchased a whole slew of different detectors, but have pretty much mastered and use the AT-Pro the most.

n/t

Thanks for posting this video. I noticed the cursor was right on 40 even tho the DVI was at 38-39, so I definitely would have dug this 10K ear ring. You seem to have a higher tone on your 10K gold rings than I did and I wonder if it was because I used the coin mode in the standard and pro settings? Hope to see some more videos and HH.