Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Boost mode made the difference today

B sperty

Today i was in an area where the targets were deep enough to toggle back to DE mode from boost.Half of my targets could only be heard in DE if the coil was whipped and a few were no reading at all in DE.
The CL mode also cleaned up a reading that was close to iron.

This is just what I'm looking at as a real difference maker myself........better number ID's at depth, such as little blips that were passed off as iron before now are ID'ing correctly & repeating. This is hopefully re-opening some sites I'd about written off as 'hunted out" with the stable of VLF units I previously used.....
Hopefully can do some more intense testing this weekend even though there's more damn rain in the forecast.......:throw:
HH,
Bill

Ditto on the boost mode, it acts like a Tesoro "Super Tuned" only with good target ID's. I got out the 1st time with mine last Sunday. Nothing real deep, but the added boost clarified alot of signals. The .58 3 ringer was 10" deep in the rocks & dirt in my area in SW Missouri.

I have had the same experience this past weekend. I am hunting an old camp that I found 20 years ago and found 3 gold coins with the first generation F 75. Needless to say my buddy and I have re-pounded this site in the last 2 year hard with the first Gen.75. This last sunday was sort of the first time back with our first F75, near virgin again. When I first hunted this site 1st gen, I was in je mode, 99sen, 0 disc and 4 tones, with the LTD I was not able to hunt that way, but my buddy still with the 1sr gen still could. I ended up with boost mode, 80 sen and 5 disc and 4 tones. My deepest target was 3 minie ball, 2 were round ,one 58, I dug the first one at 13 inches, second at 15 and the last at 16 inches, besides some small groments from the ammo pouch in the same area, not is in the same hole. My buddy couldn'd hear the first minie's when I heard the target before I dug. After the hole was opened he could hear a faint sound. Yes the boost is TERRIFIC and you need not worry about running the sens. to the point of mind boggling noise. At 80 I had some noise but very bearable to hunt and not a problem hearing the good tones. My smallest find was a pistol primmer that was about 4 inches but what a nice signal it had. Rain all this week so hope to get out next week same spot, more gold there just have to walk over it. I will post the pictures of the finds in the Relic section sometime this rainy weekend.