Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bored.

rick in mi

Hope you guys don't mind if I show a pic of some of my first finds over a decade ago. This is what started my addiction for detecting.

20200422_083247_HDR.jpg

No I'm still hunting. Just thought I would share some finds from the past LoL

Help me out Jim tn !!!

Show us some of your oldy but goody.

Nice pic of some very good finds Rick. Have you tried fresh water metal detecting ? I would think that there would be lots of fresh water lakes in your area. Might be a good way to increase your jewelry finds. I am one of those crazy guys that puts on chest waders and detects in the middle of the winter.

I'm planning on doing that this year larbear. I've got a water proof detector (10 feet). And yes there are many lakes and rivers nearby. Thanx for looking hhrickinm

For sure metal detecting is addicting, Everytime we hear that beep with thing we've found a treasure.
For me the big treasure is in the hunt itself not what I find, if I find a silver coin that's considered a bonus.

Nice bunch of finds, Rick. They would definitely be a good trigger for the start of any detecting addiction.

I don't have much "treasure" around right now to help you out. None of my sons, their spouses, grand kids or wife have other then a passing interest in what I find so for the past few decades I've been selling most jewelry and silver coins. Most of my common date silver coins I sell to our club for our annual seeded hunt, any key or semi key dates of coins go to a trusted coin dealer and all silver and gold jewelry to a jeweler or smelter. I usually sell off stuff every 2-3 years, depending on melt values. Gold and silver for quite a while hasn't been a great investment and I just got in the habit of selling stuff and use the $$$ for new equipment and gas. Also, its been so long since I've posted pictures it would probably now be a whole new learning process.

As a few of you know, since retiring in 2006, it has been my habit to hunt, weather permitting, every day for 4 hours or so. Typically, early mornings right after my wife and my 5-6am hour at the gym. This is a good hobby to be able to practice social distancing, so one can keep from getting bored enjoying a great hobby and get some exercise and fresh air. The best thing for boredom and continued good health is to JUST KEEP ON SWINGING. You all stay safe. HH jim tn

Those are some really nice finds. I’ve wanted to find a chauffeur badge but the chances of that happening where I live are slim to none. congrats to you.

I feel the same way about it still looking. And agree with jmtn. I love being outdoors. I won't mention the amount of time I've spent and not find anything lol. Thump Ive found 3 of the chauffeur badges. Never new they existed till I found one!!! They came from an area I hunted multiple times and never found a single coin. But is was fun anyway LoL 😂 hhrickinm