Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Borrowed AT Pro silver

Bucksport

Thanks to a local friend I was able to borrow an AT Pro for a few weeks. I really just wanted to find out if it is all that it's cracked up to be. I also wanted to try a machine with GB to see if it would bring my spots back to life.

Took it out yesterday for 30-45 minutes to get the GB figured out. Dug several older tabs. That was actually my intention. I needed to get the pinpointing figured out since I am not accustomed to running a DD coil.
Went back this morning for an hour and concentrated on a different spot of the field. This area has given me a few silvers in the past. After a few deep dimes and pennies I was rewarded with a nice 26 merc. I suspected it was going to be a deep silver by the faint high tone.
I followed the advice of others. Pro zero, GB offset by a few clicks, iron disc to 40, sensitivity few clicks down.
Very impressed with this machine. Might be one in my future.
D1E91ECD-DB12-4BE6-9B2F-EA0B2179996F_zpsmasqhwaq.jpg

I am sold on the A T. It just seems to love silver coins and its tone and id is great. Nice Mercury! HH jim tn

If it produces like that again tomorrow, I will have a few machines up for sale to finance one :please:

Thats a great find, a great friend too...and the Pro is a really great rig...:clapping:
Mud

Nice Merc! Hope the AT exceeds your expectations. :thumbup:

Took it for a quick 30-45 minute hunt today at the same spot. Its been sunny and dry for the last several days. Wasn't expecting much because of the dry conditions. Also the sun makes sweat go in my eyes and on my glasses, so that makes me concentrate less.
Still learning to pinpoint on this coil. I think a 5x8 would suit me better.
My finds are of my own design. Meaning I always stagger my hunts to what I aim to find. I don't always look for silver or clad. Keeps things fresh so I never get disappointed with a hunt :)
Keep in mind that I do have a few years under my belt with a dozen or so machines, so I feel confident in what I am doing. Just wanted to state that for anyone giving me any advice. Although any advice is VERY much appreciated :)
Next hunt I think will be concentrated on the solid 40-65 VDI range.
D0C9C2E2-FD6C-4566-B253-DA138C21E824_zpsp6vw7rkp.jpg