Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bottle Caps

togamac

Been doing a lot of swinging in a field littered with bottle caps and am learning something. I'm using the AT Pro with the big stock DD coil, in Pro mode, and with discrimination at 30.
What I'm learning is that the difference between a coin and bottle cap in the headphones is similar to what they look like. The coins have smooth edges and the edges of the tone sounds smooth. On the other hand, the bottle caps have jagged edges and the tone sounds jagged around the edges. Every once in awhile they'll fool you but I think if you listen carefully, you can tell a coin from a bottle cap 90% of the time.
Let me know what you think.
HH, Mac

My way of checking rusty bottle caps is if its one of those questionable coin signals is to turn the iron audio on if it gives a iron grunt I leave it be.

I have in mind the numbers but also the sound. I started in STD COINS but now run in PRO ZERO. After three years better distinguish the purpose for sound.
My interest numbers are between 58 and 79 and then 90 and a little more. I appreciated that some aluminum objects like soda caps with a profile similar to a coin, the VDI dances between 42 and 65, but if a copper VDI is set to for example 65. Also large objects iron, for example a shoe, dance numbers of 30-45-65-99 - this is an example course-
For my bad English, I can not express what I feel about this topic. I would be happy if I could share what little I know. For this reason I do not usually intervene in technical topics, sorry :shrug:

88junior said:
My way of checking rusty bottle caps is if its one of those questionable coin signals is to turn the iron audio on if it gives a iron grunt I leave it be.

Ya, pretty much the same here. I still get fooled by some caps though, usually when they are flattened out round and not overly rusty.

88junior said:
Yep the same here but still get those iffy signals that I cant just pass on and yep they are newer smashed caps LOL