Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

bottle find

JamesBondaka

I'm going to say this is a bottle.....know anything else?

Im guessing maybe 1920 or 30s... i initially thought it might be a medicine bottle but the top doesn't look like its screw top.. no real value in my opinion.. i haven't been very active in the old bottle thing for a few decades now and sometimes trends change .

bootyhoundpa said:
Im guessing maybe 1920 or 30s... i initially thought it might be a medicine bottle but the top doesn't look like its screw top.. no real value in my opinion.. i haven't been very active in the old bottle thing for a few decades now and sometimes trends change .

It is a screw top:happy:

Thank you

Maybe a pint bottle for alcoholic beverage .... wine, whiskey etc....

I agree with Bootyhound,
Your bottle looks to be machine made which puts it after 1915 or so.
It is in the shape of a patient medicine and without any embossing hard to tell and of little value.
Still an interesting find and a sign of possible silver in the area.
Keep looking it's out there just waiting to be found.....

James, it does look like a medicine or snake oil bottle. Similar bottle is attached. No markings on it at all? Might have been a little easier to ID had you not consumed the contents lol.:drool:

Sanderling said:
James, it does look like a medicine or snake oil bottle. Similar bottle is:attached. No markings on it at all? Might have been a little easier to ID had you not consumed the contents lol.:drool:

I think you got to it before me!:clapping:

I will look closer for markings etc Thanks all!

bootyhoundpa said:

I agree probably not worth much but here's a cleaned up pic of the bottom

James, just to document your find a little bit more, the maker mark with the diamond in the circle indicates it is Owens-Illinois made between 1929 and the 1950s. The 12 on the left means that it was cast in Gas City, Indiana and the 4 on the right denotes the year - 1934, 1944, or 1954. Ain't the internet wonderful? Happy hunting!