Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought A Explorer XS with 5"coil

PaulWv

Went today and picked up a real nice Explorer XS with some extras.
Came with a 5" excelerator E coil and 10" coil.Has anyone used the 5" coil much?
Thanks PaulWV

Paul, I use the 5 inch coil you have and it always rewards me with something I missed with the larger coils. Move slow and watch the results.

This is not a coil you will use for your normal detecting, but for those trashy area you will love it as it will see many coins that other detector or coil will miss in trash.
I have one and may not used it much this year, but last years I used it at many well worked area that was trashy and did well with it.

Greetings, PaulWv, The 5" excelerator coil preforms well in trashy areas. It pinpoints excellent too. Is that the only coil you have? If so, you will need a larger coil for deeper targets. Happy Hunting Grounds,

Savage.

Savage,
Hi,
No the detector also came with the 10" coil.I have used the 10" before on another Explorer I had but never have tried the 5".I need to find a Sunray stand and lower rod for other coil.To much time changing them over...:goodnight:
Thanks PaulWv

PaulWa, You should be good to go then. The 5" Excelerator coil should fit the Explorer lower shaft. Happy Hunting Grounds,

Savage.

Paul,

I have this coil on a XS and it is my coil of choice. I hunt a lot of trashy parks and around some older homes, so the stock coil is hard to use. I have made several good finds with this coil. For a small coil, it has pretty good depth and like someone else pointed out, it pinpoints well. I have found a penny at 8" with it. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that the depth meter is not accurate with this coil. When something reads out as being about six inches deep, it's usually at 3", or about half of what the scale reads.