Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought a New Book........

Oakman404

I also bought Andy's new book "The Treasure Hunter's Handbook". I got home today to find it in in my mailbox. I have many books on the subject as I love to read and to have ready reference material to refresh myself with during the winter months. I must say as a first impression I am very happy with his book. It has a 2010 equipment buyers guide that is very impressive and I am really looking forward to reading the book.

I also got out on Sunday with my trusty GTP and scored 102 clad coins on a 3 hour hunt with my brother-in-law. Of which, 38 were quarters and 9 were nickels and many dimes and pennies. Nothing great yet this year but I am excited about this upcoming hunting season. I spent most of my winter months doing research to find new places to hunt and my list is long! I also got to try out my new Garrett Probe and 4.5 inch sniper coil and I must say that I recovered several quarters that I would not have if not for the sniper coil! Happy Hunting to you all!

I am waiting by my mailbox for "The New Successful Coin Hunting" book I ordered last week. And thank you...another good reason to buy that sniper coil. As soon as my Paypal account is refilled I'm buying one with a cover...something like $63.80..shipping included. Thought that was a fair price considering the coil alone retails for $74. And if anyone is interested in the same book I ordered..Garrett has the most recent updated version. I had a hard time finding one anywhere else...that was'nt as recent as 2003.

Oakman404 said:
I also bought Andy's new book "The Treasure Hunter's Handbook". I got home today to find it in in my mailbox. I have many books on the subject as I love to read and to have ready reference material to refresh myself with during the winter months. I must say as a first impression I am very happy with his book. It has a 2010 equipment buyers guide that is very impressive and I am really looking forward to reading the book.

I also got out on Sunday with my trusty GTP and scored 102 clad coins on a 3 hour hunt with my brother-in-law. Of which, 38 were quarters and 9 were nickels and many dimes and pennies. Nothing great yet this year but I am excited about this upcoming hunting season. I spent most of my winter months doing research to find new places to hunt and my list is long! I also got to try out my new Garrett Probe and 4.5 inch sniper coil and I must say that I recovered several quarters that I would not have if not for the sniper coil! Happy Hunting to you all!

Nice hunt!:detecting:Good clad haul!:clapping: Hey, ya know I'm in that book? Yeah, in the Garrett gallery of finds on page 190 he's got my ring in there that I found back in Nov'09.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,1087985,1087985#msg-1087985

John is in there also on page 106, in the chapter on beach hunting is a photo of his 29 gold rings that he found in 2009. Man, that is really cool!:thumbup:

That is a really great book. It's definitely the best book on treasure hunting that I've ever read and I'm a reader.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

McDave said:
I am waiting by my mailbox for "The New Successful Coin Hunting" book I ordered last week. And thank you...another good reason to buy that sniper coil. As soon as my Paypal account is refilled I'm buying one with a cover...something like $63.80..shipping included. Thought that was a fair price considering the coil alone retails for $74. And if anyone is interested in the same book I ordered..Garrett has the most recent updated version. I had a hard time finding one anywhere else...that was'nt as recent as 2003.

That is a very good book for the novice or seasoned vet.:garrett::thumbup: I've got the very first edition as well as an updated version. I like all of Charles Garrett's books.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

metalhead said:
McDave said:

That is a very good book for the novice or seasoned vet.:garrett::thumbup: I've got the very first edition as well as an updated version. I like all of Charles Garrett's books.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)
What year is your newest one? Just wondering how recent the revised one is..

metalhead said:
Oakman404 said:

Nice hunt!:detecting:Good clad haul!:clapping: Hey, ya know I'm in that book? Yeah, in the Garrett gallery of finds on page 190 he's got my ring in there that I found back in Nov'09.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,1087985,1087985#msg-1087985

John is in there also on page 106, in the chapter on beach hunting is a photo of his 29 gold rings that he found in 2009. Man, that is really cool!:thumbup:

That is a really great book. It's definitely the best book on treasure hunting that I've ever read and I'm a reader.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)
I agree so far, I am very impressed with it and I have a lot of the treasure/metal detecting books out there! I saw John in there and I now I will go look you up! That's awesome that you guys got in the book!

Another really good book is Dick Stout's "Where to Find Treasure" it is an updated version of his origonal book by the same title and I though it was very informational and a really good read. Dick is a Whites guy but the info in that book, is very good, on his research techniques.He list current websites at the end of each chapter that are really good info sources on that particular chapters subject.:garrett: