Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought a used Goldmaster Shooter 4 X 6 DD coil

:usmc:

It came with a bottom stem and coil cover and is like new. Had previously searched the Internet for reviews on the performance of this coil for the 50 kHz Goldmasters and found some veterans seem to put this combination and it's performance up around that of a Gold Bug II. I would not know first hand as I do not have a Gold Bug II.

This weekend though, I did get a chance to run it on some steep bedrock with some spotty dirt filled cracks and crevices and other parts with overburden. I have been to this spot before with other detectors and then my GM V/SAT w/ the standard long scan coil but this time with the 4 X 6 Shooter, I was hitting on lead bird shot I would guess to be about #8 1/2 or 9 shot plus flakes of lead that may have come from bullets. As I recall, the next smallest shot size is #12 or .22 LR Snake Shot and that's pretty tiny. In our mineralized conditions, these pretty small lead bird shot did not have a Zip Zip sound and though not real strong, were still distinct and was a dig sound for me. If there is Grain or sub Grain weight gold there and have heard stories it is scarce, I'm pretty convinced this machine and coil combination will find it. I'm not exactly sure what the weight of one # 8 1/2 or 9 bird shot would weigh but I suspect a bit above or at about 1/2 Grain. A couple weekends ago, I was at another place along the river with the GM Long Scan coil and found about BB size copper coated bird shot that is not heavy like lead shot would be but also not magnetic so may be copper coated bismuth bird shot. Wish these finds were Gold but I'm impressed with this small coil.

The only one thing I experienced that may be fixable was what I figure to be some falsing. I thought I had the coil wire wrapped snug enough around the bottom stem up to the box to not move if jarred by rocks or some brush. Anyhow, it was not enough to discourage me and so far think it a great coil. One of these put on a GMT would have to leave a person breathless in a gold patch.

I have had one of those coils on my GMT for a couple of years ,they are great I dont use anything else.. Yes they do false at times if the coil is knocked on something. If you are detecting in noisy ground set the sensitivity around 8-9, Vsat at10, boost on, run in tracking and turn your Threshold down until you cant hear it. If you have volume control headphones turn the volume down otherwise you will just about get deafened by signals on larger objects.Listen out for the definate gold zip zip signal. I have found gold so small that ten pieces do not add up to 0.1grms. Running with no threshold helps identify gold signals and reduce ground noise. Good hunting Neilo

:usmc:

Even if we were to say each of those ten pieces did make a tenth of 0.1 Gram each, that is still some very tiny pieces of gold. I have read someplace one person with the 4 X 6 GM Shooter Coil on a GM machine was hitting on gold the size of a pin head. Have been On-Call for my job and have to be near a phone (land line, no signal in the canyon) this week but hope to get out soon to give this coil another working out. So far, it's been a joy using it.

The settings you mention are interesting and will have to try and translate and cross them over to a GM V/SAT to give'em a try. Got my hands on a surprisingly inexpensive used copy of "the Complete, Unabridged Zip Zip" and it's well worth the read and more than once. Thanks for sharing on your GMT.