Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought another Racer...

sold the CTX and Deus, gave one of my boys my Racer, and bought another for myself. I always found myself grabbing the Racer over the other two so figured I might as well stop letting them stand against the wall. Something about the Racer that is a pure joy to use... My stable is now empty besides 2 Racers and my other boys gofind....Put a good chunk of cash back in the bank in the process also....lol

Wow your statement speaks volumes. Giving up the CTX & Deus for the Racer? I know you state you always found yourself grabbing the Racer but there has to be more that you are not stating. I wouldn't keep grabbing a detector just cause it is a "pure joy to use" I would keep reaching for and using the one that is clearly finding the goods. Is it that you are finding items that are not only being missed by the other two detectors, but also hitting on every target the other two are able to locate? Look forward to your response - Jim

SavingThePast said:
sold the CTX and Deus, gave one of my boys my Racer, and bought another for myself. I always found myself grabbing the Racer over the other two so figured I might as well stop letting them stand against the wall. Something about the Racer that is a pure joy to use... My stable is now empty besides 2 Racers and my other boys gofind....Put a good chunk of cash back in the bank in the process also....lol

earthlypotluck said:
Wow your statement speaks volumes. Giving up the CTX & Deus for the Racer? I know you state you always found yourself grabbing the Racer but there has to be more that you are not stating. I wouldn't keep grabbing a detector just cause it is a "pure joy to use" I would keep reaching for and using the one that is clearly finding the goods. Is it that you are finding items that are not only being missed by the other two detectors, but also hitting on every target the other two are able to locate? Look forward to your response - Jim

SavingThePast said:

Hey Jim, The racer just works. It really opened my eyes at a site I have struggled with for quite a few years. I have ran numerous machines on it. This includes the ctx with the 11" and 6" coils, the dues with the 9". This is no lie, I took my racer there after having only used it once at my property. actually I took it along with the deus. I started out with the deus for the first couple hours and after finding a single penny, I decided to go back over the exact same area with the racer with the 5" on it. within 10 minutes I had found 3 wheaties and a merc. I went over the same exact area which was maybe 15x15 at most. I was really surprised. So was a buddy that was there also. That site is pretty small and loaded with iron and about everything else, it is nasty, melted metal,etc... I am talking the whole site is maybe 40x40. it is an old site from the 1800s and the little house had burnt up. The racer, with me having no experience out produced every machine I have ever took to that spot and I have been over every inch of this spot numerous times. I guess you could say the racer impressed me from day one. I actually ran it in 3 tones that day and just picked out the high tones. Most of my sites are bad just like the one I described. I have went to alot of my sites since with all my machines and ended up leaving everytime with having finished up with the racer in my hand and it having found more items then my others. I loved the ctx still for my week long trip to florida and in the few cleaner sites I have but those are just few and far between so it mostly sat. Even then, I still found myself wanting to grab my racer for the cleaner sites as I just like swinging it so much better than the ctx. The deus I loved in my bad sites but that site and at a few others the racer with the 5" constantly pulled items I was missing with the deus. I am not saying the deus didnt possibly see the targets and I just missed it but, the racer made targets so easy to pick out in all the signals, it really astonishes me how it seems to do so. A few of those types of sites also have electric fence around them as they are in the middle of farms and my deus would go nuts from emi while I could take my racer in and have no problem. Once again, even when I would go to hit those sites, I found myself grabbing for my racer every single time. Maybe I just clicked with it, I dont know... I have ran numerous different settings on all machines and feel even though I dont claim to be an expert that I am competent with them. I still just found myself wanting to grab the little racer and feeling like if there was something to be found it is going to find it... The ctx and deus are both great machines and I would never have a bad word to say about either. I just got tired of looking at $4k in machines standing in the corner and me always grabbing the racer. It just seems to make finding goodies simple... I cant explain it, at my sites, it just works...It got to the point I couldnt justify holding on to the others when I could put some money back into the bank account....

squirrel1 said:
Sounds like a good Father and Son duo with a pair of Racers!!!!!

lol.. yeah squirrel. It is also nice that we can switch between coils and stuff now. I let him use mine one time and he would only go hunting with me after that if I let him use my racer. He fell in love with it from the first moment. I enjoy him going with me so I wasnt about to tell him he couldnt use it because I wanted to. Now, we dont have to worry about it...

I dont want anyone to think I am a big makro schill either, If you look down in the feedback section you will see at one point I was very unhappy with Makro and the service I received with a cracked coil. I was to the point I was never going to buy another makro product. However, Dilek stepped in and made things right and now look what happened....lol

Volumes, I dumped the Deus after a month with the CoRe. Had the Deus almost 3 yrs. It loved aluminum WAY to much! Trash to good finds ratio was way to high. Got a CTX several months ago and dumped it, no advantage. Racer and CoRe hands down produced more good finds, a lot more in a couple of test spots/undisturbed yards. I'm a coin hunter first and foremost that'll take what the ground has to offer. Dug 9 wheats today, a 65 quarter, 2 keys, and maybe 6 pieces of trash in the trashiest place you can imagine.................. Love them Turkish machines!

I was given a Racer Pro Pack in early February and was wonderfully impressed with its performance, especially with the little 'OOR' coil because I've concentrated on ghost towns, encampment sites, other similar places and old urban renovation work for many decades, and the biggest offender at them all is the lowly iron nail. Often those pesky little critters seem to have multiplied worse than a flock of rabbits and nails and other small iron trash can be very dense in many sites causing good-target masking. Smaller-than-stock coils, especially when mounted to an excellent performing detector, are the best combinations we can use in such challenging sites.

I enjoyed mine so much I bought a 2nd Racer, planning to keep the 5½X10 DD on one and the 'OOR' coil on the other so they would both be ready-to-grab when I reached any site. :thumbup:

Just as with religion, some folks are "self-converted" since they went about looking for what they wanted and found what they liked. Oregon Gregg kind of fits in that category because he already had two or three detectors in his arsenal that had been/are proven performers, but he was alert enough to check out the Nokta FORS CoRe and Makro Racer and he "converted" to the Racer and relies on it more than all his other detectors. For good reason.

I bought a Racer Pro Pack a couple of weeks ago to surprise a good friend of mine with it, but he surprised me as he had just acquired one himself! So, that Racer Pro Pack went on a 'conversion' mission and swayed someone away from the older model White's they had been using.

Right now I am trying to acquire another Racer Pro Package for a cousin who has been loyal to one competitor brand, but it's high time for another 'conversion' :)

Monte

I have both a Racer and Core and am trying to figure out the best way to sell the rest of my machines....LOL! I will keep my dad's F2 and my daughter's Digitek....but all I ever use is the makro. I will likely keep the Core because of all the coils.....

Well, It is a good feeling to know I am not the only person out there that feels the way I do about it....LOL

Thanks STP for your in-depth report. This is pretty much the response I was hoping to hear. I have read other postings on the Racer and it sounds very familiar to what you have explained. The OOR really seems to be key in opening up dead hunting areas. - Jim

SavingThePast said:
earthlypotluck said:

SavingThePast said:

Hey Jim, The racer just works. It really opened my eyes at a site I have struggled with for quite a few years. I have ran numerous machines on it. This includes the ctx with the 11" and 6" coils, the dues with the 9". This is no lie, I took my racer there after having only used it once at my property. actually I took it along with the deus. I started out with the deus for the first couple hours and after finding a single penny, I decided to go back over the exact same area with the racer with the 5" on it. within 10 minutes I had found 3 wheaties and a merc. I went over the same exact area which was maybe 15x15 at most. I was really surprised. So was a buddy that was there also. That site is pretty small and loaded with iron and about everything else, it is nasty, melted metal,etc... I am talking the whole site is maybe 40x40. it is an old site from the 1800s and the little house had burnt up. The racer, with me having no experience out produced every machine I have ever took to that spot and I have been over every inch of this spot numerous times. I guess you could say the racer impressed me from day one. I actually ran it in 3 tones that day and just picked out the high tones. Most of my sites are bad just like the one I described. I have went to alot of my sites since with all my machines and ended up leaving everytime with having finished up with the racer in my hand and it having found more items then my others. I loved the ctx still for my week long trip to florida and in the few cleaner sites I have but those are just few and far between so it mostly sat. Even then, I still found myself wanting to grab my racer for the cleaner sites as I just like swinging it so much better than the ctx. The deus I loved in my bad sites but that site and at a few others the racer with the 5" constantly pulled items I was missing with the deus. I am not saying the deus didnt possibly see the targets and I just missed it but, the racer made targets so easy to pick out in all the signals, it really astonishes me how it seems to do so. A few of those types of sites also have electric fence around them as they are in the middle of farms and my deus would go nuts from emi while I could take my racer in and have no problem. Once again, even when I would go to hit those sites, I found myself grabbing for my racer every single time. Maybe I just clicked with it, I dont know... I have ran numerous different settings on all machines and feel even though I dont claim to be an expert that I am competent with them. I still just found myself wanting to grab the little racer and feeling like if there was something to be found it is going to find it... The ctx and deus are both great machines and I would never have a bad word to say about either. I just got tired of looking at $4k in machines standing in the corner and me always grabbing the racer. It just seems to make finding goodies simple... I cant explain it, at my sites, it just works...It got to the point I couldnt justify holding on to the others when I could put some money back into the bank account....

:shrug:

Southwind said:
Tag this thread for future reference.

LOL see ya soon!

SavingThePast said:
earthlypotluck said:

SavingThePast said:

Your experience really mirrors mine. Since picking up my Racer, I've unloaded a few machines that were simply collecting dust. I'm down to my F75 LTD2, Racer, and an old CZ-70 Pro that I mostly keep around for the few times a year that I beach hunt. That said, I have been using my Racer the most, I still like the F75, but after hunting a small area like you did, first with the F75 which found no targets, and then with the Racer which started finding old coins right away, I was simply blown away by the Racer. This was not a one time occurance, I went back two more times and replicated the experience each time. I do feel that the F75 is deeper, but if it cannot detect the target to begin with, then depth really doesn't matter. That 5" Racer coil is magical, it gets as good of depth in the ground as the Racer 11" DD but unmasks so much better, it's been one of the best coils I've ever used. I recently picked up a Racer 10" coil, but have not yet used it.

I have a nine day ghost town trip kicking off at the crack of dawn this Friday. I plan to detect some of the old ghost towns my friends have given up on, they're littered with trash and iron, but I believe that they surely still hold some great finds!. Is the Racer and 5" coil the golden ticket, I hope so!! I also have found some new sites to detect, and next week will be meeting up with Monte and his group for more ghost town adventures, I can't wait to hit the road :cheers:

I too bought a second Racer. Only because I liked the first one soooo much. Sold my CZ3D, F75Ltd2, and F19 because I was always grabbing the Racer or the V3i. Still have a few others that the Racer can't replace but It's my favorite detector to use.

I wish I'd been quicker on the trigger on that Racer Pro Pack that went up for $375....wow...seriously smoking deal for someone:hot:

Cal_Cobra said:
I wish I'd been quicker on the trigger on that Racer Pro Pack that went up for $375....wow...seriously smoking deal for someone:hot:

yeah, me too...lol.

LOL well include me on this band wagon. Always used the MXT Pro and M6......guess I was always just a Whites single tone type, until Monte got his 1st Racer back in Feb. So loaded the dogs up and was there the next day to see this new Racer machine. Well long story short.........I have a couple Racers now, they are just a hard machine to beat for price and performance in trashier sites. After using my MXT Pro and M6 for so long, setting them up to just knock out a nail and single tone ( never did like tones) it took a bit to get use to the Racer and 3 tone. I will admit at times I will catch myself just listening for the high tone and sometimes forgetting the mid-tone, also and maybe its just do to my hearing I find myself struggling to hear the mid-tone among all the iron grunts. my usual settings are Di3, 70-85 gain and ID filter at 10 so I pretty much hear it all.

On the last NV trip in May, I came across a little zinc lid, common in ghost towns, all though I could see it I couldn't get the machine to detect it. The little lid was parked close to a chunk of Iron. My Id Filter setting was 23-28 just enough to knock out a nail. I Mentioned this to Monte and he suggested I set the ID filter to 10. Yes you are going to hear a lot more iron grunts ( low tone) . I did and went back to that spot and sure enough the Racer detected that little zinc lid next to the chunk of iron. ( the little zinc lid is smaller then a dime.) From then on my settings have been 3 tone ID filter at 10 and sense between 70-85

If only they would have put an Iron Audio Volume on the Racer to lower the volume of the low tone, and keep the mid and high tones at a higher volume........would have been great.

And like some of you I have also sold a few machines and primarily use just the Racer. I still have my MXT Pro and M6 and use them as well, just not near as much anymore.

I just posted this on the Nokta forum "This has probably been addressed but to those who own both machines, probably getting the fors first and then getting the racer do you find you like the racer better and use it more?
I've been watching those u tube vids and that display sure looks nice. I just have the fors right now"

I guess you answered my question!