Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought Garret Infinium...............

tomjj

and would like to know what type of learning curve I should expect? And does the training CD explain everything and show you how to Make all the adjustments, like how to manual ground balance if need be? ETC........ And does this work in highly materialized soil like they say it does, and on the beach with the salt water???

I only have my Infinium for about a year. I have the 8" mono and 3x7 coils I use. The learning curve is not hard. You have the hi-low & the low-hi tones and gold & nicleks or in hi-low, clad coin & iron & silver is in low-hi. And on the materaliztion , yes on that. Works good on beaches. The 8" mono coil is very deep , like 12" on a nickel. The 3x7 is not a deep , but will work better it trash, about 7" on a coin. I have taken the small coin to a school and can find coin with it. But you will find out that with any PI detector you are going to dig some trash.

n/t

Well just test it for yourself....grab a nickle or whatever and set threshold on 3, then 4 and see how deep in air or in ground it will detect it. Set on 5,6,7,8 and see also. You will see a difference in depth. I usually hunt with mine around 5.5-6. As that seems optimal sensitivity. But I have got blips of tiny or deep targets before and set thresh to 8 and got a stronger signal enought to tell me to dig.

Alan