Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bought my First F series Detector

JMT Detectors

I just ordered a new F75 LTD and it should get here towards the middle of week. Hope I'm smart enough to figure out how to use it. I have a CZ3D but it went bad last week. I bought it used about a month ago. So much for saving money buying a used detector. Hah!

Stick with that f75 you will love it.Post some pics on your first finds am sure there will be plenty!!!! hh rick in mi.

tracyjm said:
I just ordered a new F75 LTD and it should get here towards the middle of week. Hope I'm smart enough to figure out how to use it. I have a CZ3D but it went bad last week. I bought it used about a month ago. So much for saving money buying a used detector. Hah!

I am sure you will like your new F75LTD, you may want to download a manual and start reading. Also you may want to get the factory to take a look at the CZ3D and get a quote for repairs. I had the same thing happen to me on my 1270 and I got it repair. You will need to call 915-225-0333 ext 118 and get a RA number, once they get the machine they will take a look at it and call you with the problem and the cost to repair. At that point you say fix it or trash it.

If you decide to send it back here is the address.

Fisher Research Labs, Inc.
1465-H Henry Brennan Dr.
El Paso. TX 79936

Good luck with your new F75LTD,

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
tracyjm said:

I am sure you will like your new F75LTD, you may want to download a manual and start reading. Also you may want to get the factory to take a look at the CZ3D and get a quote for repairs. I had the same thing happen to me on my 1270 and I got it repair. You will need to call 915-225-0333 ext 118 and get a RA number, once they get the machine they will take a look at it and call you with the problem and the cost to repair. At that point you say fix it or trash it.

If you decide to send it back here is the address.

Fisher Research Labs, Inc.
1465-H Henry Brennan Dr.
El Paso. TX 79936

Good luck with your new F75LTD,

Ron in WV

Thanks for the advice. I actually only used the CZ3D 2 times before in went haywire but I was impressed with the depth. Hopefully it's worth fixing...John

Of course it's worth fixing, at least then you can resell it factory repaired fresh. Or you could scrap it for parts and sell whats sell-able. Anything could be wrong with it that is not going to cost an arm and a leg to repair. Gezz, you can send it to me and I'll scrap it or send it in. I mean if it's going to cost $100 to fix where can you get a CZ3D for a $100?
IMHO, Woodstock

Why don't you lighten up. I guess the next time I'll be sure and word my statement a little better. Thanks for the warm welcome...

Woodstock said:
Of course it's worth fixing, at least then you can resell it factory repaired fresh. Or you could scrap it for parts and sell whats sell-able. Anything could be wrong with it that is not going to cost an arm and a leg to repair. Gezz, you can send it to me and I'll scrap it or send it in. I mean if it's going to cost $100 to fix where can you get a CZ3D for a $100?

IMHO, Woodstock

Woodstock said:
IMHO, Woodstock

You were right. I sent my detector off to Fisher and it only cost $55 to fix. They said they replaced two resistors and something about an IC in front for the occilllator. They said it was a 2010 model CZ3D and had already been back to the factory 3 times to be fixed. Hopefully 3 times is a charm...

If you get that 1270 repaired you will have a backup unit just incase the f75 malfunctions. Of course the repair price is the real cost effectiveness. Good luck HH