Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter Landstar digging coins at 7 to 8 inch today...

Dign-nbama

I tried something new today with my Landstar, I started out ground balancing the machine according to the instructions in the manual, and go right into Disc mode, keeping close check when I would move to different areas of the park I had hunted many times before, I also ran the sensitivity at the 2 to 3 O'clock position, with little to no discrimination, unless I got into a lot of trash, but even then I adjusted it only at the 9pm position on the dial, and listened close, I was digging coins at 7 to 8 inches using my lesche digger as a measuring tool, some time the detector would start going wild and I would just adjust the sensitivity back a little and it would straighten out, I guess you could say I was running it hot, adjusting ground balance occasionally to meet ground conditions.. most of the time I would leave just a faint buzz, and go right back into Disc mode, you will get a lot of noise ( from iron) in this mode, but you also can hear occasionally a ping and go back the meter it would be at 8in and wouldn't get a good signal at first move around 90 degree and get another ping, then I would go into all metal to pin point and waa-- la dime at 7 to 8 inches, no silver today all clad, but I was impressed at what this little machine was dong, I had hunted this area a lot over the years and went back today and found more coins... just thought I'd pass this along to anyone with a land star or any of the other Bounty Hunters out there you might try this and get a little deeper results...

That's good results for your efforts! Any time you can set your detector to be stable with a little threshold noise, you'll have it at its most sensitive point. I may have to revisit my Landstar and check that out again. I usually crank sens to max and disc to zero and never hear a stable, low threshold noise in any mode. It may begin to sound continuously in all-metal no-motion, but pressing Ground Trac makes it silent. Otherwise, it's a howl. Maybe slightly offsetting my GB or reducing sens to make a low growl will help and might be what you're doing with yours.

It's a sensitive detector, pretty much on a par with my Time Ranger, but I did notice it was fairly silent between targets the way I set it up, while I can hit the sens + button on my V2 Time Ranger in no-motion to the point that it is always making a little background threshold noise. Thanks for tip, I'm always learning something useful here!

I also think some Landstars are just hotter than others, as this comment seems to come up from time to time.

-Ed

I may not have decribed it very well, I start out by turning the knobs to no discriminatation, preset GB, and sensativity at max, lift the coil about an inch above ground and turn on detector start moving the GB to a low fuzz and swing a little to make sure I'm not Ground Balancing over hot rock or metal, if it does not react, I adjust with a steady low fuzz, then I push button and go into disc mode, you'll not hear the fuzz anymore, it just seems I get more depth at doing this than ever before, I generally have to back off sensitivity from a moment while detecting because it will start going crazy, ( you may have to add a little disc in a pull tab mine field but not much don't want to miss a ring) but usually at the 3 to 4 O'clock position on ( sensitivity) gets the job done, then occationally check the ground in all metal to see if it is still @ or close to a steady low fuzz, if it is then back to hunting, this seem to work really well yesterday for me for the first time, dug some deep coins, some were so deep ( for this machine) I didn't get a real steady target but just enough to think I had silver, had to go after them in all metal to pin point them, also the soil I was hunting was a sandy type soil, where normally it consist of more clay here... hope this helps...

That is deep, seven to eight inches is fantastic!

Continue hitting that park, got to be more deepies in there and sounds like you are getting dialed in with the Landstar.

My bounty hunters only go about 3-4" inches, still a happy camper though.

Congrats!
Paul (Ca)