Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter Pin pointer

Rivermarine1

I recently got a Bounty Hunter Pin pointer to help me locate items. It does well, with one exception. The cap over the battery compartment constantly comes loose. I wish they had made the handle round where you could screw the cover in, but they didn't. To fix the problem, I bought a pack of balloons with opening large enough to go over the handle. Haven't had any trouble since. Hope this may be helpful

Hi,
I got one when I brought my QDII and I don't really like it much. I have not had trouble wit the cap coming off, it stay on. You'll have to play with the
sensitivity setting until you find the range. Happy Hunting.

I use one every time I go out, but mine has been modified by me...I put a larger buzzer in it...(standard 6V buzzer, but I used a larger one (drains battery faster, but easier to hear and feel)) I added an Red LED light that goes off with the buzzer, and I use electrical tape and silicon sealer on the battery door...Works great now...

HH,

BH-LandStar

i was thinking of purchasing one. are they worth getting. i have a hard time finding targets sometimes and give up easily.

Hello,
My daughter brought me a SHERLOCK DTS-=PRO cost around $70 + shipping. uses one 9 volt battery has a light for night hunting and a good buzzer. I really enjoy it. To operate it you must press a button when you are searching. Once you release it turn off. Happy Hunting.

The Teknetics (bounty hunter) pin pointer is nice because it does not require motion to detect an object, and can detect objects up to 3/4" away from the tip...The only faults are the weak buzzer, and battery cover that falls off unless taped on...Another plus is the tip is strong, and can be pushed into soft ground easily...do not attempt to plunge it into hard ground though...

HH,

BH-LandStar