Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX and a shocker!!!!!

MikeK

I sent my Minelab Explorer II upper shaft to Ralph at Sun Ray (boy, what a nice guy) for probe installation, so I didn't have my detector for the weekend. That said, I took my 10 year old son and his friend detecting a couple of blocks from my house, outside of Boston. My son was using his Tesoro Compadre and his friend had a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX (he paid $50). We hit an area, hopefully to find a few wheaties. After detecting for about 20 minutes and finding detritus along with some memorial cents, my son pulled a 1919 wheatie. He also found a circa 1920 Baer & Wilde "Cum-A-Part cufflink" (bad, BAD name) and I pulled a small oval Victorian button with the Bounty Hunter (I was bored tagging along). Everything was about 3 4" down. I was searching with the Bounty Hunter while my son's friend was hanging with my son, and I got a high (coins) signal in one direction followed by a medium signal (nickel) in the other. I dug down 4 inches with the Lesche and swept the hole again, now getting a high signal in both directions. I dug down another 3 inches or so and got a fast signal with the Vibraprobe. Pulling what looked like an oxidized aluminium slug out of the bottom of the hole, I saw some detail as I carefully removed soil from the face. It's a Barber quarter I thought, wow! Then I saw it...King Charles and his big nose. With basically a kid's level Bounty Hunter.

[attachment 70264 1Realeob.jpg][attachment 70265 1Realerev.jpg]

Holy Cow!!! Nice find. If only the rest of us were so lucky, Congrats.

Nice Spanish 2 Reales...great find...Worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $200.00. One in great shape is on eBay for $215.00
Bounty Hunter strikes again!!!

Happy Hunting,