Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty hunter Platinum just bought.

norbyx

Hi,
I am new to metal detecting and for starters I decided to buy the bounty hunter platinum. I hope to have it by the end of the week. I was looking at some videos in youtube and a guy changed the coil with the Fisher F5 11" DD coil. He has gains in depth of about 2-3 inches.
I am considering to buy this coil as well but am not sure if it is worth it or I should stick to the stock coil for a while and than eventualy think of changing the coil for a DD.

I also read that the DD coil should cover more area in the scan while the original has a more closed beam pattern, and it is better for pin pointing small objects while the DD isn't. Coments???

I have a Platinum w/DD coil. I don't really notice too much of a difference over the stock 8" coil. You do cover a bigger area per sweep. I love my detector though!

I just ordered a Platinum myself. Good price for the features and quality. Can't wait to test it out against my Whites Eagle Spectrum.
Anyway, if you are new to detecting, just stick with the original coil. Spend some time learning the machine.
Save your money on the Fisher F5 11" DD coil, for something else you might want in the future.

Robert

The DD coil won't gain you much in way of depth. It's real strength is it works better in highly mineralized ground verses any other type of coil.
What I would consider it's other strength is it gives excellent target separation for the size of coil. You can cover more ground like a bigger coil but still maintain target separation of a smaller coil.
It works like a wiper blade with detection depth being equal from tip to tip, whereas a round coil has a cone shape detection pattern.

After reading many forums and what dude posted I am quite sure that I am making the right decision to postpone the purchase of the coil until I feel that it might make me a difference. As for now I gave my resources anothe route, I purchased a Garrett pro pointer, a lesche digging tool, a chep plastic sand scoop ( I know I could have made me one but not into handcrafting lately) and last a screen cover and coil cover, since I want this unit to last... Now is just a matter of practice and patience (hope to have enough) ...

Dude said:
The Garrett pro pointer, and Lesche digging tool was a smart buy, you will love them both.
I knew I had to have those... I just hope that they get here soon to test them...