Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bounty Hunter Time Ranger discontiued & only $149.00

keppy

I see that the Time Ranger is discontinued ... I also see that some are selling the Time Ranger a detector that some paid almost $600.00 for................... Now i see them for sale for $149.00 with 2 coils new in the box.......... Also see kellyco has them but there sale is $379.00 with only one coil............................... meijer has them ... go to .... www.meijer.co . then type in metal detector . Has any one used this detector and is it a good detector............. I mean a $600.00 detector a few years back and now only $149.00 i had to order one......

I went to the www.meijer.com site and read about the detector, however I did not see where it said the detector comes with two coils. Please tell me where you got that information.

Thanks,

Mark

Read in the product details there is a list there First detail says..... professional 4 mode operation ..... then about 3/4 way down it says.... 8" coil ... then the last thing listed says .... includes 4" Gold nugget coil........ that what it says read it all you will find it...

Well, here is the link to the unit: http://www.meijer.com/s/bounty-hunter-time-ranger-metal-detector/_/R-109756#

I see no links to any additional information or product description there.

Supp wit dat?

Mark

I got that info off ......... www.tresurenet.com ..... then click on fourm and go to metal detectors then to bounty hunter in the bounty hunter forum and it is right brand new 2 coils...

Look under the blue box were it says add to cart............the white box under the blue box...........it has on top ..product details.. reviews and ..additiional information...the white box is right beside the green box that says ..free standard shipping.........the info on the 4 inch coil is under product information NOW if you can't find it i would say you are pulling my leg....or you just are not reading the whole add.?????.

mwaynebennett said:
Here is the screen shot. I do not see the info to which you refer.

Mark
I don't under stand every time i go into it that white box next to the green on your screen .........under product details is a list of what it has ......... the white box you shoe me is blank.? This is what comes up on our screen . mabe you should just go to .. www.meijer.com .. and then type in metal detector to get all the info.

mwaynebennett said:
Here is the screen shot. I do not see the info to which you refer.

Mark
This is what we all get on our screen below the blue box and beside the green free shipping box......... I still don't know why it don't come on your screen....... Go to the web site no matter how we go in it it comes up for us.

mwaynebennett said:
What web browser are you using? I use Firefox.
Boy i don't know i know a little about how to use a computer ....... but what is inside it i don't know.............The pictures of what was in the time ranger i put up........... How i did that was take a picture with my camera and put it in my pictures then uploaded it ............All i know about my computer is that it is a Gate Way with XP ..... that's it'

I opened the page with IE and all the information appeared. It must be some programming problem with Firefox.

I read that the Timeranger has four levels of iron discrimination. How does that work? My Pioneer 505 and Elite 2200 both have detected iron targets that showed up as silver or copper, at the opposite end of the spectrum. If iron can appear as silver, how can there be various level of iron discrimination?

Will someone please explain that to me?

Thanks,

Mark

mwaynebennett said:
I opened the page with IE and all the information appeared. It must be some programming problem with Firefox.

I read that the Timeranger has four levels of iron discrimination. How does that work? My Pioneer 505 and Elite 2200 both have detected iron targets that showed up as silver or copper, at the opposite end of the spectrum. If iron can appear as silver, how can there be various level of iron discrimination?

Will someone please explain that to me?

Thanks,

Mark
I don't have one yet but what i think and i could be wrong but ....here is how i see that four levels to be ..........would 1 level be the coin mode ..another the Jewelry mode.... another be the Prospecting mode ... and the last be the All Metal...????

It probably means there are 4 levels of intensity to the iron discrimination...like if a radio had 4 levels of volume determined by which of the 4 presets you choose.

The Time Ranger has always came standard with the 2 coils. I own 2 and love them.

jst2kool said:
The Time Ranger has always came standard with the 2 coils. I own 2 and love them.
.........................................But i see a lot of dealers selling them with only one coil............. And Kellyco is only selling them with one coil at $379.00 were now you can get them with........... 2 coils for around $150.00 on close out..........

I have had a Time Ranger for over 2 1/2 yrs. Anyplace I have ever seen it or seen it advertised it has always been packaged with the extra 4" coil. It is a really good detector. By the way, Costco had them on their website a few weeks ago...cheap!

The 4 levels of iron discrimination generally refers to the size of iron objects detected. As I understand it, you can discriminate out large iron objects if looking for small gold jewelry or nuggets which might fall into the upper iron range or if looking for small iron relics and don't want to use the All Metal mode. It has a Motion All Metal mode and a Non-Motion all metal mode which works great for pinpointing. It also has three other pre-programmed modes. I read once where a fellow used the Sniff Mode to clean the quarters out of a fairground first, then went back over the grounds to get the other coins if time permitted - a real useful feature. It also has a Blanker feature which is real useful in the parks.

The LCD screen is kind of small by today's standards but it is still easy to read and gives lots of info at all times during use. There are lots of detectors out there that cost a lot more and don't have the features of the Time Ranger.

Keppy, you won't be disappointed.....you're getting a bargain. Get yourself some good rechargeable true 9v batteries and a good charger if you don't have such already and you'll be set.

In for one, like somebody said "Cheaper than some manufacturers coil alone" :)

I got mine from Meijer today---$149.95 - Free shipping and free return shipping with the 8" and 4" coil.
I tested it in my basement coin garden and it is comparable to my Fisher F70 with the 11" DD coil.
Looking forward to the thaw to put it to work in the fields.
IMO this is the best deal yet.

Truly an underrated detector. I don't know why it doesn't get more respect. It goes deep and has lots of useful features.

I too am looking forward to the thaw Merf....can't wait!