Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:bounty: QD ll Batteries :rant:

TABAGO

Any one have any info on the 9 volt rechargeable bat tries How do the last an do they work well with the QD ll. I checked an the run 8 to 12 dollars depending where they are purchased, an the charger is about 15 to 20 dollars that's a lot but in the long run it would save money, How ever the copper tops last average about 8 to 10 hours I have never timed them, but that seems to be close will the reharge one last that long , i would need 4 rechargeable batts. that would be about 40 dollars plus the charger, for that amount i could buy about 25 copper tops or Energisers at Lowe's an my qd ll works well with those

Plus the electricity to charge them. Are you buying two packs or getting larger quantities? I used to buy 9 volt batteries in 8 packs at Menards for my BH. They are similar to Lowe's. We have both here where I live.

I never found 9 volt rechargeables. I did try rechargeables in my T-2 (AA). It has a 4 bar battery meter on the screen. The rechargeables never lit the 4th bar, even after being topped off, so I quit using them.

Look for a larger quantity and watch the ads for sales, I think you will be happier.

Take care, Dave

I thought about going rechargable also. Not enough feedback on the 9 volts for me to do it. It is alot of money to spend not knowing. Other batteries do well wt recharging.

If you do it ,let me know.

I don't know about current rechargable 9v batteries but years ago I used to use 9v Nicads in a White's Coinmaster Classic III and was happy until I forgot my spares and had to buy some "copper tops". I got about twice as much time on the "coppers" as I did on the Nicads, plus the Nicads would die suddenly, without warning. I am sure technology has changed over the years and the recharagables are probably better but until I know for sure I am sticking with my good old "copper tops"

Doug

i tried rechargeables in my bh505 with poor results detector went nuts till i put new copper tops back in it:drinking:

If you get rechargeables, make sure they are true 9V types...most NiMh batteries do not hold a true 9 Volts, and this leads to the detector not operating for very long on them...allbattery.com and zbattery.com have some good ones...make sure you get a SMART charger for them as well, as any charger does not charge any battery...

HH,

I see Coppertop is coming out with inexpensive? Lithium AA's. Maybe there's a 9V in the mix.
That would be the WAY to go. Rechargeable sound attractive but don't last too long between charges.
If your a headphone man, they'll probable do just fine. Detectors with headphones use little current compared to using the speaker. I can go most of the summer on a hand full of 9v coppertops. :detecting:

All rechargeable 9 volt batteries that i have found are actually 8.4 volts at maximum charge.The battery monitor in most detectors are adjusted to show full battery strength at 9.0 volts so your detector is going to think the battery is low from the start.Whether rechargeables will work or not is going to depend on your detector but i would assume they will work.The biggest problem is that they are not going to last as long between charges as alkalines will.I wouldn't attempt to use them without having a completely charged spare set with me.This is how i do all my cameras when i plan to shoot for extended times.I start with a fully charged set in the equipment and at least two spare sets.Another thing to remember is that rechargeables are going to discharge even when not being used.Nicads are the worst,they will be dead usually within a month of charging whether being used or not.NIMH aren't nearly as bad but they will be unusable in 3 to 4 months and this usable time will lessen the more they are charged.If you use your detector a lot they (rechargeables) will probably save you a lot of money.

I asked about his same issue several weeks ago but did not get much of a response, so I researched the living %&*? out of it, bought some rechargeable batteries and am now set.

Not all rechargeable 9V batteries are created equal. You have to get the proper ones. The ones I got have 300 milliamp hour capacity as compared to a Coppertop that has 310. I found where I could get them for $13.56 USD for four of them delivered to my door and when charged, they are 9.42 volts, true 9 volt batteries. After 2.3 hours of detecting today, the battery life indicator dropped from 4 bars to 3 on my Elite 2200, about the same as when using alkaline batteries.

So now I can recharge them for about $0.04 per battery, or something like that. They are supposed to be able to be recharged 800-1000 times, so the cost of my hobby just plummeted.

Mark
Elite 2200