Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Boy, this forum is going no where fast!!

Hello Homestead Hunter,

Yep, old homesteads and mountain ghost towns sure offer relaxation; you can't beat the scenery. Often I'll go into the mountains to scout for a town without the detector. I like to get the lay of the land and photographs before I take anyone there; that way we're not going in blind.

Thanks for checking in. Stop back often.

:cheers:
Cheers,

Charles had me strong in this forum until he mentioned "snakes"...Scared to heck of them....

Only Kidding, I love the new Ghost Town forum and always head right to it when I sign on. GREAT information and better pictures. Always on the edge of my chair reading the posts Charles and others make. Thanks a bunch from me and hope to hunt a local ghost town around my stomping grounds or one of the mentioned ones with you guys some day, just have to find my snake guards.. Joe

PS, not kidding about the scared of snakes part though... yikes..

Hello JoeL0,

There are snakes here but they usually go the other way when people are around and you won't see them. I know that Kayden doesn't like them either. He runs the other way when there is a garter snake. :rofl: It was always on my bucket list to catch a rattlesnake and I finally accomplished it last summer. I don't think I'll mess with them anymore. I'm cautious around them and depending upon where I am hunting may have a side arm with snake shot just to keep everyone safe. I certainly don't go out of my way to find them though; no sense looking for trouble.

We'll be getting closer to NY this year. We are researching General Sullivan's campaign against the native Americans in Pa and NY. I have a map showing about 15 of his encampments. It would be all revolutionary era artifacts and native American relics if anything is left there. We'll keep everyone posted in case anyone would like to join us.

I've lived in this area for 60 years and thought I knew it well, I guess I'm wrong. After doing a winter worth of research I have found 4 new towns I knew nothing about. There were 40 - 50 people in them all, and only survived 7 or 8 years, but surly someone threw out or lost something that I just have to have. It looks like I will be busy this summer. After reading the above posts I realized they are all in snake country, I scream like a little girl and run like an Olympic sprinter myself. I'll hunt them in early spring and if I find little won't return till late fall, but then there's mountain lion and bear, oh well they will be hunted this year.