Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Brass or Copper plate

trooper424

I dug this brass or copper plate (about 2x3 inches) on a farm in Connecticut. I originally thought it was just a plate but when I took it home and cleaned it up I noticed a rooster at the top. Using some side lighting I also saw a crown and below that a small shield (with small stars). You can’t see it in the pic but on the bottom (written backwards) is the phrase “Longhorn King Crown”. I’ve tried all combinations I can think of for a Google search but come up with nothing. I think it might possibly be a plate used in printing. I’m hoping someone might be able to tell me what this is. Thanks for taking the time to look and any information would be greatly appreciated.

It appears to be a printing plate, although I could not find anything on it. The fact that there is backward printing (engraving) is what leads me to think it is a printing plate of some kind. Would it be possible to bring out any further details that would determine if everything is backward?

I would also agree that it is a copper engraving used to make a printing plate.